View Full Version : The Taylor Family December Oops-What Now Trip-Day Four

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Cast-

Me-Amy Age 42
DM-Patty-Age 64-First trip with a scooter
DS-Brett "Dylan:"-17-graduates this year

Tuesday, December 20 Epcot Future World:

This is our planned half day in Epcot/half day at the Boardwalk day but we are so tired we never make it to the Boardwalk.

Once again, we get there for park opening. DS and I sprint for Soarin and ride first thing. After Soarin, DS heads for Test Track and Mission Space while mom and I check out the seas and look around in Mouse Gears. DS catches up with us and we ride Spaceship Earth and The Land. DS wasn't able to ride Test Track but gets a fast pass., He then announces he isn't feeling well again and will be going back to the room for a nap again after lunch. DS doesn't see anything at Sunshine Seasons that appeals to him so he heads back to the resort for lunch and a nap. Mom and I eat at Sunshine Seasons and decides to go over to Germany to pick up some cow bells for my sister and a friend and I head back to the resort to do laundry and take a nap.

Back at the resort my son takes a quick nap and is feeling better and decides to catch a bus to AK to ride EE a couple of times. I do a couple of loads of laundry only to discover DS left a pack of gum in the pockets of his shorts. I always check the pockets not sure how I missed that. After scrapping gum off everything and shaking out the paper, I have to rewash everything. Needless to say my afternoon nap is a short one:D

We all clean up and head over to Ft. Wilderness to watch the Hoop Dee Doo. My son loves this show, but the food is just so-so. After the show we head back to the resort and turn in. We have to get up super early to make tomorrows 7am opening at AK.

Next up-Animal Kingdom:mickey:

faline
12-28-2011, 06:46 PM
Hoop-De-Doo is really all about the entertainment! I've never found the food to be the main attraction here!

Your group is still struggling with not feeling well! So sorry.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Yes, mom started feeling better halfway through our trip. I just got DS to the doctor yesterday. He had an ear infection and cough and congestion. Wish he'd gone before the trip:ill:

pdrlkr
12-30-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-31-2011, 07:30 AM
Sorry your son was feeling sick, no one wants to feel bad in WDW!

Dopey's Girl
01-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Loving your report!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-01-2012, 06:08 PM

MinnieMommie
01-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Things left in pockets...always a struggle for me when doing laundry. No matter how careful I try to be I sometimes miss something. Oh well... DS was probably not feeling well enough to find anything at SS appetizing. Good he was able to get something at Roaring Forks and take a nap.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Actually the flatbreads at Roaring Forks are pretty good...DS got one that day and we split one for a snack another day.

buzznwoodysmom
01-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Too bad your son is still feeling down. Vacation time is always the worst time to be sick.

We have never done HDD, and I don't know that we will. For some reason, even after hearing tons of rave reviews, it just doesn't appeal to us at all. Maybe one day we'll do it just to see what its all about.

You guys are doing great with making it to park openings. I don't think we've made it to park opening in several years! We just aren't really morning people.

vizsla
01-05-2012, 04:03 AM
Thanks for the report.

January-2007
01-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Thanks for reporting.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Too bad your son is still feeling down. Vacation time is always the worst time to be sick.

We have never done HDD, and I don't know that we will. For some reason, even after hearing tons of rave reviews, it just doesn't appeal to us at all. Maybe one day we'll do it just to see what its all about.

You guys are doing great with making it to park openings. I don't think we've made it to park opening in several years! We just aren't really morning people.

I think HDDR is something you should see at least once. DS said this was a must do this trip but said we can skip it next time. I think its because he is getting older.

We always do park openings. We get to ride so much more that way. We are pretty much morning people too.

DisneyorBust
01-07-2012, 05:27 AM
Sorry to read your family continues to fight illness, other than that it seems like you all are having pretty good time!

darthmacho
01-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Forging on! Glad things mostly worked out despite the illness. Love the show at Hoopdeedoo, butI also loved the food. Then again, if you put bbq on your flip flop, I'd probably eat that too! ;)

SBETigg
01-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Oh no about the gum and the not feeling well. Glad he recovered again. HDDR is one we still have not done. We keep meaning to get to it, but then other dinners take precedence. It seems we should have seen this one by now, though. Next time!

Joannelet
01-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the report!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Oh no about the gum and the not feeling well. Glad he recovered again. HDDR is one we still have not done. We keep meaning to get to it, but then other dinners take precedence. It seems we should have seen this one by now, though. Next time!

I have to say the food is just so-so, plentiful though...I think now that we've seen it twice I can talk him out of going next trip. I still think everyone should see it at least once.