View Full Version : The Taylor Family December Oops-What Now Trip-Day Three

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Cast-

Me-Amy Age 42
DM-Patty-Age 64-First trip with a scooter
DS-Brett "Dylan:"-17-graduates this year

Monday, December 19 Magic Kingdom:

We get up and take the boat to Magic Kingdom. We have to wait about 30 minutes for a big boat so they can load mom's scooter but we still make park opening. I am surprised how thin the crowds are this morning, we send DS to ride Space Mountain and then we all three ride Buzz, I think TSM tops this one now for me.

After Buzz, DS takes off to ride BTMR and Splash Mountain while mom and I ride IASM, Peter Pan, and Snow White. The one ride with a long line is Pooh and I decide I don't want to wait 30 minutes to ride it. DS catches up with us and we go to Mickey's Philharmagic. I still love this show. Afterwards we all head to POC and then DS heads to Columbia Harbor House for lunch while mom and I enjoy the Jungle Cruise. We catch up with DS and eat lunch and then DS decides to head back to the resort to take a nap as he isn't feeling well. The afternoon crowds are building now so ride waits are longer than in the morning. Mom and I see the Hall of Presidents show then head back over to Tomorrowland and ride People Mover (my first time on this) and Carousel of Progress. The lines for Laugh Floor and Stitch are 40 minutes so we take a pass and go get ice cream before finding a spot for the afternoon parade.

After the parade, we do some shopping in the
Emporium and then make our way to the monorail to head over to the Polynesian to explore and rest a bit before dinner. DS meets up with us here. A few weeks ago when I posted my pretrip report, a fellow intercotee MinnieMommie proposed a meeting at the Lodge for Wednesday December 21st. I was delighted and excited to meet Amy and her husband but I got a text this afternoon that her husband was sick and had been admitted to Celebration Hospital so our meeting would have to be cancelled:ill: I was bummed but more worried for them, so I said a quick prayer for healing.:)

We all love the decor of the Polynesian and would love to be able to stay there one day. While we were waiting to be seated at Ohana, I ordered a Lapu Lapu but I couldn't drink it all it was way too strong for me. We absolutely loved our meal at Ohana and believe it the best meal we've ever had at Disney.

After dinner my son and I headed back to the Magic Kingdom and my mom who now wasn't feeling well went back to the room to turn in early. DS and I went and rode my favorite the Haunted Mansion then made our way back to the front of the park to watch the parade. We were so tired we decided to skip Wishes and go back to the room after the parade. I miss Spectro Magic, MSEP was okay but just not the same. I managed to catch the boat parade on our way back to the room, very nice.

Next up....Epcot's Future World

wildernesslady
12-28-2011, 10:15 AM
Oh my it was your first time on the people mover. Did you enjoy it? We usually ride it multiple times on our trips.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Yes I did enjoy it. Don't know how i've missed this one in the past:confused:

faline
12-28-2011, 06:44 PM
It's not fun to not feel well on vacation!

Isn't the Poly a terrific resort? Glad you enjoyed your meal at O'Hana's.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-28-2011, 07:14 PM
The Poly is awesome, wish to stay there one day. Mom also fell in love with the Grand Floridian, it is quite beautiful.

pdrlkr
12-30-2011, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Ohanas and the Poly! What could be better?

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-31-2011, 03:50 PM
Yum, could go for some Ohana's right now...wonder what's in that peanut sauce?

mouseketeer mom
01-01-2012, 08:24 AM
Yum, could go for some Ohana's right now...wonder what's in that peanut sauce?

The peanut sauce is addictive. We ask for extra before we're even served, cause we know we'll go thru it. I saw the peanut sauce recipe somewhere online, and I know it had alot alot of sugar in it.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-01-2012, 01:40 PM
I think I ate most of it myself:blush: We definitely ate more here than anywhere, just so hard to stop:mickey: We agreed this will be a must do on every trip

KylesMom
01-01-2012, 11:47 PM
It sounds like DS and mom are taking turns not feeling well - I hope that you are not next!

Bummer that you had to miss your mini-meet with MinnieMommie - but it sounds like Ohana was a real hit. I agree, it's a must do for my family each trip! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Thanks, we actually did get to meet MinnieMommie...I think its in day six

MinnieMommie
01-02-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm sorry DM and DS were not feeling well. I know how hard it is when we get sick while on vacation. I felt so sorry about having to cancel our meet (although thank goodness all ended up well and we were able to meet after all - and thanks again for the prayers!). I love the People Mover too! I have a giant framed print from my son that says, Preview Space Mountain The Scenic Way Aboard The Wedway Peoplemover. Gotta love it! :mickey:
:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Glad we made the meet too....I don't know how I've missed the People Mover in all our trips. I heard about it on Intercot and made sure to ride it this time. Very cool.

vizsla
01-04-2012, 05:02 AM
Thanks for the report.

buzznwoodysmom
01-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Another fun day. Too bad your mom and son are a bit under the weather. Ohana's and the Poly are among my favorite places in all of WDW. We've only stayed at the Poly once, and we too hope to stay again some day.

January-2007
01-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the trip report.

cer
01-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Glad you enjoyed 'Ohana. Didn't you say earlier that this was your first experience there? It is one of our favorites.

DisneyorBust
01-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Enjoyed your report. Nice day! 'Ohanas and the PeopleMover!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Glad you enjoyed 'Ohana. Didn't you say earlier that this was your first experience there? It is one of our favorites.

Yes first visit, but definitely not the last.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Enjoyed your report. Nice day! 'Ohanas and the PeopleMover!

Loved the People Mover.

KatieDuck22
01-11-2012, 08:42 AM
It's true Ohana's is the best! and Lipoa makes it so much fun! anywho sounds like a great day....but it's so sad ur son's sick!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-11-2012, 03:40 PM
It's true Ohana's is the best! and Lipoa makes it so much fun! anywho sounds like a great day....but it's so sad ur son's sick!!

He still loved Ohana's sick or not:D

SBETigg
01-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Mmm, Lapu Lapu. :papple: Oh, sorry, I was distracted. Great MK day! Glad your son was feeling better in time for dinner.

Joannelet
01-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Great day! Even though you have 2 in your party that are under the weather you guys are accomplishing quite alot! Yummy Ohanas! Love that place!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Great day! Even though you have 2 in your party that are under the weather you guys are accomplishing quite alot! Yummy Ohanas! Love that place!

The mid day naps helped:)