View Full Version : The Taylor Family December Oops-What Now Trip-Day Two

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Cast-

Me-Amy Age 42
DM-Patty-Age 64-First trip with a scooter
DS-Brett "Dylan:"-17-graduates this year

Sunday, December 18

We make park opening and send DS to ride ToT and Rockin Roller Coaster and we make our way to get fast passes for Toy Story Mania. Mom and I do not ride roller coasters so we are happy DS is old enough to venture out on his own so we can enjoy some shopping in between rides. I find myself a t-shirt along with a 2012 year ornament for me and a 40 year celebration ornament for my sister and a grumpy mug for my boss. I love having everything shipped to the room. This day turns out to be quite chilly and mom starts fretting that she won't make Fantasmic unless she gets warmer clothes. My son catches up with us and we do the Muppet Show, Backlot Tour and Toy Story Mania before we go to Starring Rolls for an early lunch. After a great meal, mom states she has to go the room to change. I warn her to be back by 300 am so we can check in for our 315 ADR for Brown Derby. We wanted the fantasmic package and this was the only time available. She heads out on her scooter, first time by herself and my son and I enjoy my favorite ride in DHS, the Great Movie Ride. Afterwards, he goes back to ride RNRC again while I do some shopping and people watching. Around 3pm he shows back up but no mom. By this time the streets are roped off for the afternoon parade...mom doesn't take her phone with her in the parks so we have no way of checking on her. At 310 pm we have to go ahead and put our name in for our ADR and luckily I guess we are told there is a 45 minute wait. Finally mom shows up and all is well. After dinner we head over to get in line for Fantasmic and are seated shortly. We see several people try to sneak into the reserved package section and give the CM a hard time when they are made to leave. It really isn't necessary because at this time there are still plenty of good seats available.:mad:

After Fantasmic we head back to the Lodge and I go down and wash a quick load of laundry. We are in bed early (Mom and Dylan were a bit sick this trip) so we could get up early for the next day at MK.....

faline
12-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Glad mom made it back in time for your dining reservation!! Sorry, they're a bit under the weather.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-28-2011, 07:16 PM
We made sure to get to every ADR early after that:mickey:

pdrlkr
12-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Great day at the studios!

KylesMom
01-01-2012, 11:39 PM
One of my favorite parks - glad the day didn't disappoint, and that both DS and mom were able to get to HBD for your ADR. Another great time at Disney! :mickey:

MinnieMommie
01-02-2012, 02:21 PM
I see DM gave you a bit of a scare but like most moms we come through in the end. There was a bit of a chill in the air that day. I was wearing a jacket. I'm a big Starring Rolls fan. Glad you liked it too! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Starring Rolls is still my favorite place to eat at DHS.

DM did give me a bit of a scare this trip. She seemed kind out of sorts and was forgetting a lot of details like where we were supposed to meet etc...I'm thinking it was being under the weather that caused it because she seems to be herself again.

vizsla
01-03-2012, 05:03 AM
Thanks for the report.

buzznwoodysmom
01-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Great first full day! I do hope you guys managed to see the Osborne Lights at some point during your trip. Its a wonderful holiday "attraction".

January-2007
01-05-2012, 08:04 AM
Thanks for reporting.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Great first full day! I do hope you guys managed to see the Osborne Lights at some point during your trip. Its a wonderful holiday "attraction".

We didn't see them this visit, but we did get to see them last time. Because DS and DM were sick we left the parks fairly early most nights.

DisneyorBust
01-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Nice first day in the parks! I was glad to see that your Mother made it in time to enjoy dinner.
Thanks for the report.

darthmacho
01-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Sounds like they held up pretty well considering they were sick. Glad you got to your dinner, and for once a long wait turned out to be a good thing!

SBETigg
01-11-2012, 05:03 PM
I'm glad your mom made it back! I was nervous just reading that she wasn't back yet. :) Re: Fantasmic seating, isn't it funny how people seem to want things just because they can't have them? With plenty of seating available, why stress? Another fun day!

Joannelet
01-11-2012, 08:30 PM
So happy your mom made the ressie! Great day at the studios! So sorry they arent feeling 100%.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-12-2012, 08:17 AM
I'm glad your mom made it back! I was nervous just reading that she wasn't back yet. :) Re: Fantasmic seating, isn't it funny how people seem to want things just because they can't have them? With plenty of seating available, why stress? Another fun day!

Yes!! It was crazy because it was early and there were still really good seats left. The woman just kept standing there trying to argue the point. Her poor husband kept trying to get her to move along and finally she did.