View Full Version : The Taylor Family December Oops-What Now Trip-Day One

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Cast:

Me: Amy-age 42
DM-Patty -age 64-first trip with scooter
DS-Brett "Dylan"-age 17-graduates this year

Saturday, December 17

We pulled out of the driveway at 4 am with me driving. DS begs for weeks to let him do the driving, so when we stop for a break at the Florida state line I agree to let him drive. He ends up driving most of the way there and does just fine.

After a quick lunch break and one gas refill, we finally pull into the WL around 3pm. There are some problems with our room which you can read about in the Accomodations section but we are finally settled in around 430 pm. The lobby is decorated so beautifully and the staff is super friendly.

We catch a bus and are in Downtown Disney marketplace in a matter of minutes. Note: The busses do share with Grand Floridian and Ft. Wilderness but we don't have any issues all week with making the parks on time. We head over to Wolfgang Puck Express and the line is out the door but we have ordered and have our food in a matter of minutes. (Check out my dining reviews in the Dining section) I am super impressed about how fast they can prepare and get the orders out here. The pizzas are fabulous as usual. After dinner we head out to the World of Disney and Days of Christmas. I can't believe how much the prices have gone up since our 2008 trip. Oh well, what do you do? My son's girlfriend asked for a Tigger t-shirt and she loves the color orange. Our search for an orange Tigger t-shirt started this night but we didn't have any luck. The crowds were huge this night and I'm told its normally this way on the weekends this close to Christmas. After a few purchases, we head back to the lodge to rest up for the next day.

Back in the room we discover that we can see the Wishes fireworks from our balcony and so we watch before turning in for the night.....next up, Hollywood Studious.

faline
12-27-2011, 08:45 PM
You arrived the day after we left. Wilderness Lodge is such a terrific resort! We've stayed on the side of the resort where you can see the fireworks - isn't that a great bonus?!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Yes, we were completely surprised with the fireworks view. A wonderful treat before bedtime.:mickey:

pdrlkr
12-30-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-30-2011, 08:09 PM
super sweet that you can see Wishes from your balcony. Ends the day on such a fantastic note, Wishes without the crowds!

KylesMom
01-01-2012, 11:34 PM
So happy after all the planning involved that you've arrived & are pleased with WL.

Back in the room we discover that we can see the Wishes fireworks from our balcony and so we watch before turning in for the night..... I remember our first stay with the same view - BONUS! Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Looking back to the printout they gave us we were going to get a Courtyard view which would have been a nice upgrade minus the bunks....we were happy with our view of wishes though:mickey:

MinnieMommie
01-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Hi Amy - I agree the WL lobby is so beautifully decorated for the Holidays!! Good the hear your bus transportation was so efficient. WL and GF share picks ups and we were at BLT where CR and the Poly share buses. Nice! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Yes, we were pleased. The sharing didn't take too much extra time.

vizsla
01-03-2012, 05:01 AM
Thanks for the report.

buzznwoodysmom
01-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Great arrival! We've had that view at WL before too, but we didn't really care for the location of the room. Sounds like your trip is off to a great start!

January-2007
01-05-2012, 08:02 AM
Thanks for reporting.

DisneyorBust
01-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the report.
All in all not a bad start for your vacation. I'll need to check in at Accomodations concerning the WL issues.
Off to day 2!

darthmacho
01-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Looking forward to finally reading your report! Hope you had a great time and that the Wilderness Lodge lived up to the praise we gave it here! :mickey:

princessgirls
01-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Great first day!

Thanks for reporting!

Julie:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Looking forward to finally reading your report! Hope you had a great time and that the Wilderness Lodge lived up to the praise we gave it here! :mickey:

Be sure to read my review on the Lodge under Accomodations:thumbsup:

SBETigg
01-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Great of you to let your son drive, really good road experience for a young driver. Sounds like a good arrival day.

Joannelet
01-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the report!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Great of you to let your son drive, really good road experience for a young driver. Sounds like a good arrival day.

He really did a good job, so proud of my young man:D