PDA

View Full Version : Character meal without having to use a park day.

missouridisney
12-26-2011, 11:24 AM
We are going 1st of Feb. with 4 and 2 year old granddaugters.:mickey: We are wanting to do a character breakfast but not have to use a day of our tickets. We have done Chef Mickeys, any other options?

Disney4us2
12-26-2011, 12:12 PM
1900 Park Fare at the GF, Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club and 'Ohana at the Poly.

Have had the dinner at 1900 Park Fare and love it.

Basket Mommy
12-26-2011, 01:07 PM
Chef Mickey's - Contemporary Resort - serves breakfast and dinner with Chef Mickey, Chip, Dale and Chef Goofy

1900 Park Fare - Grand Floridian - Breakfast - Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, and the Mad Hatter

1900 Park Fare - Grand Floridian - Dinner - Cinderella's Gala Feast - Cinderella and Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, Drizella, and the Fairy Godmother

Cape May Cafe - Beach Club Buffet breakfast is served every morning - Goofy, Minnie, and Donald

Polynesian -- 'Ohana Character Breakfast - Lilo and Stitch, Pluto and Mickey

Garden Grove Cafe Breakfast- WDW Swan Saturday and Sunday - Goofy and Pluto.

Garden Grove Dinner - Swan Hotel 5:30 pm nightly - Monday & Friday - Timon and Rafiki; All other nights Goofy and Pluto.

Jillirose
12-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Love Cape May :thumbsup:

missouridisney
12-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Thanks, I knew I could get the information I needed here.:)

Buttercup
12-26-2011, 09:52 PM
I've heard the one at the Swan is pretty crummy. My sister was there last year and said it was so bad - the costumes looked like they were old and worn out, and it was pretty clear that only one guy was doing all the characters for the whole restaurant.

AgentC
12-27-2011, 12:36 AM
We really enjoy Ohana's for breakfast. It is all you can eat family style as opposed to a buffet so there is not as much variety as the other breakfasts. Character interaction has always been great for us.

Cape May is always fun. Decent buffet and good interaction.

I enjoyed the food at Park Fare breakfast more than the dinner. Dinner seemed very limited for a buffet to me. Breakfast has omlettes which was a nice touch. However if your granddaughters like Cinderella they would enjoy the dinner. My daughter (3) loved dancing with Prince Charming.

Janmac
12-27-2011, 10:36 PM
The Cape May breakfast has agreed with our littler kids more than Ohanas or 1900 Park Fare. Possibly Cape May was a bit less noisy. We have liked the ability to let kids view the available food choices on the buffet. They have pretty much always found something to eat.

1900 Park Fare seemed very noisy. And our granddaughter was almost scared of the Mad Hatter, he was so loud and Mad Hatter-ish. But then she was over-sensitive to loud noises.

Ohanas has a parade, with the kids walking around the restaurant with simple musical instruments (maracas, etc). If your kids are adventurous, they may like the Ohanas even tho I have seen some fairly old (like 10 maybe) parading. The kids have been polite, in previous years. My sister's not-shy-at-all 4 year old granddaughter enjoyed the Ohanas parade. One negative with Ohanas, for us, is that the choices in the skillet weren't very compatible with the 4 year old's tastes.

We haven't tried Garden Grove.

Jan