PDA

View Full Version : super thick white & chocolate chip cookie??

disneyfan328
12-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Ok friends I need a little help! A friend of ours found out that we are leaving in 2 weeks for the world and asked us to pick up something for her to give to her husband while we are there.

Its a super thick white chocolate chip and chocolate chip cookie - she remembers it being in a celophane type wrapper - thinks they bought it at the boardwalk somewhere? he loved them and still talks about how good they were (this was 2-3 years ago that they went) Only problem is that I don't know that we will be going to the boardwalk area (we may, but not sure - we never have in the past and we aren't staying near there and we don't have a rental car.
Does anyone know if these are available anywhere else or what they might be called? I told her I would do my best to pick up several for her hubby if at all possible and I thought someone on here might know where else I could find them. She has a pic of it to send me but I don't know how to go about posting it on here :(

Thanks in advance!

tinksmom02
12-25-2011, 08:44 PM
I * think* I know the brand of cookie you're referring to. We've had the chocolate chunk ones and the peanut butter ones :cloud9: So good, for a pre-packaged cookie, AND you can use a Dining Plan snack credit, if you'd like.

OK, here's what I remember--they are prepackaged, and if I'm not mistaken the header of the bag is red and white striped. We were not at the Boardwalk at all last trip, but managed to snag some for the plane ride home. I think we bought some at Goofy's Candy Co in Downtown Disney. I *think* that I've seen them in several gift shops, too, and I think that we got some at the Main St. Bakery in MK on our 2010 trip. Oh! Just remembered that I got one for DD at a gift shop in Hollywood Studios on our last trip, too ("But Mom, I'm staaaarrrrvvvinnng!").

So, the good news is that they're pretty readily available. (I hope this is the cookie you're talking about LOL otherwise don't I look like a fool!) :blush:

ElenitaB
12-25-2011, 08:50 PM
I've been to the Boardwalk Bakery more times than I care to confess :blush: but don't recall every seeing these there, nor would they have been wrapped in cellophane. If you do decide to try the Bakery, it's actually quite close to the International Gateway entrance to Epcot (it's just past England as you're heading towards France). You can walk in around 15 minutes or take a Friendship there.

Your description reminds me of a cookie they sell at both Roaring Forks in Wilderness Lodge and I think at Sassagoula Floatworks at Port Orleans French Quarter. Does your friend remember is this cookie had coconut in it at all?

Good luck on your quest!

BrerGnat
12-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Selmas Cookies. Google it.

They are sold at Disney parks under the name "Minnie's Bake Shop". You can find them FRESH at the Main Street CONFECTIONERY (not bakery). They can be found in the wrappers at the Sweet Shop at the Boardwalk, Goofy's Candy Company (DtD), at the Main Street Confectionery, and at a few resort gift shops.

Your friend us looking for the white chocolate chunk flavor.

They are sold at MCO as well, under the Selma's name, and at the Disney Earport store.

Or, your friend can just order a bunch via Selma's website for much cheaper. ;)

ElenitaB
12-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Natalie, :notworth:

tinksmom02
12-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Selmas Cookies. Google it.

They are sold at Disney parks under the name "Minnie's Bake Shop". You can find them FRESH at the Main Street CONFECTIONERY (not bakery). They can be found in the wrappers at the Sweet Shop at the Boardwalk, Goofy's Candy Company (DtD), at the Main Street Confectionery, and at a few resort gift shops.

Your friend us looking for the white chocolate chunk flavor.

They are sold at MCO as well, under the Selma's name, and at the Disney Earport store.

Or, your friend can just order a bunch via Selma's website for much cheaper. ;)

Ooh, are those the same ones I was trying to describe? They are good!!

disneyfan328
12-26-2011, 06:52 PM
I have a picture of it but I can't post it on here as thats not allowed. This thing looks to be about an inch thick??? Thanks to all who posted at least I know that I can try to find them if we don't head to the boardwalk!

BrerGnat
12-27-2011, 10:20 AM
I have a picture of it but I can't post it on here as thats not allowed. This thing looks to be about an inch thick??? Thanks to all who posted at least I know that I can try to find them if we don't head to the boardwalk!

Trust me, this is it. Selmas cookies are sort of an obsession of mine. I used to eat them weekly when I lived near Disneyland. My sister, who lives in San Francisco, found a deli near her that sold them, and that's how we figured out they were the same. I *almost* ordered a couple dozen from Selmas.com, but really, that would have been a bit over the top. :blush:

I have one right now, in my purse, that I bought at MCO in the Jet Blue gate. Chocolate Chip Supreme...my favorite flavor. I'm saving it for a craving later.

disneyfan328
12-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Thanks soooo much! Are the expensive! Im excited now that I will be able to get them for her and spread the magic! When they went a couple years ago they bought us a new ornament for our tree and sent us that and mickey rice crispy treats! I am happy to return the magic and spread around a little pixie dust!

BrerGnat
12-27-2011, 02:30 PM
They are expensive. $3.95 each.

wildernesslady
12-27-2011, 08:00 PM
They are so delicious and heavy. We got a bunch a couple of trips back to use up snack credits and had to carry them on. We now shop the night before if we have alot of credits left and pack them in the suitcase. Did I say they are delicious?