PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get Disney gift cards?

SandmanGStefani24
12-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Because I did!

Can these be used in the parks as well as for paying for vacations? Thanks and Merry Christmas to all Intercotees!!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
12-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Nope, sure didn't. But I did get a PIN code in the mail, so that's like getting a good GC!

disneyfan328
12-25-2011, 05:32 PM
yes our house got a bunch of them because we are leaving for disney in 2 weeks! Yes they can be used at the parks and hotels as well!!

teamblackwell
12-25-2011, 06:50 PM
I only have one, for $40. I got it from DVC for listening to an online sale-pitch for Aulani.

LVT
12-26-2011, 07:18 AM
YES, we use them. Mainly though we use the KTTW card and use the gift cards to pay at the resort desk. We had a lot, via church fundraiser. We gave the desk a few each day.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-26-2011, 10:10 AM
I wish we did! We did LOTS of Disney-themed gifts, but Disney Parks GC are so hard to get in Canada ... they just didn't end up under the :tree: :(

tinklover
12-26-2011, 10:20 AM
We got some for Christmas this yr. We have used a gift card in the past to book our trip. before we got our Disney Visa, we went and bought a $200.00 gift card and used it to book our trip with Magical Journeys.

micky95
12-26-2011, 04:54 PM
yes we did!my dw just used some to pay for part of our feb trip.its her 21st anniv. of her 29th birthday or her 29th anniv. of her 21st birthday:party: i cant remember LOL.

LudwigVonDrake
12-26-2011, 06:01 PM
I got one!!! :mickey:

disneyfan328
12-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Darn! I wish I had known or thought to ask if I could pay Magical Journeys with them! I could have bought the GC at Giane Eagle and got double the fuel perks and saved on gas! Oh well lesson learned for next time!

Buttercup
12-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Santa brings our kids each a $25 gift card every year. :thumbsup: That's their spending money while we're at WDW. They call them their "credit cards". :D:mickey:
Since we're in Canada (southern Ontario), I have them sent to my sister just across the border in Michigan. I don't think they'll mail them to Canada. I just order them from the Disney Store website, usually in September or October so there's lots of time for me to scoot over to Michigan to pick them up!

wildernesslady
12-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Our household got a few. I work at our local Disney store and many guests were redeeming them today.

Kathy Jetson
12-26-2011, 11:59 PM
I got one from my boss as a Christmas present! I have the best boss:mickey:

Butters
12-27-2011, 08:56 AM
I only have one, for $40. I got it from DVC for listening to an online sale-pitch for Aulani.

We got one of these too, plus my DD got quite a few for Xmas this year for our Feb trip

ColleenMcD
12-27-2011, 12:02 PM
My Daughter's got one this year for $100 from their Aunt and Uncle...they also got a $100 one last year for them too.

They are super excited since their Grandparents are taking us to Disney in August and they now have $100 to spend in addition to the money they have been saving (for 3 years!) since the GP are paying for everything!

My Dad called Disney directly and they said that the cards can be used ANYWHERE on property.

CMcD:mickey:

disneyfan328
12-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Does anyone know why they stopped selling the disney dollars at the disney store???? We actually went out of our way (a 45 min drive) to get them for our surprise trip for the kids only to find that they dont sell them anymore.

Terra
12-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Yes!! I love it. We have seasonal passes and go once a month at least. My mother in law sent my 2 sons $25 each and $50 for me! It's a luxury for us, so $50 is like WOW, what do I do? What do I get!

I'm thinking about using mine towards a weekend stay in the off season in Feb. at the All Star Resorts and surprise my boys :)

gottaluvtink
12-28-2011, 10:32 AM
I get them for Christmas, birthdays, mothers day, and any and every other reason for receiving a gift. Everyone knows I love Disney and travel to the world at least once and more recently twice a year. They couldn't give me any better gift! :mickey:

Hair_Razor
12-28-2011, 08:14 PM
Does anyone know why they stopped selling the disney dollars at the disney store???? We actually went out of our way (a 45 min drive) to get them for our surprise trip for the kids only to find that they dont sell them anymore.

My DD got a gc this year because they don't sell Disney Dollars anymore. My DH's GPa said he went to the store and she told them that the only place you can find them is at the stores close to Disney. I guess they didn't sell well otherwise. Btw we are surpriseing my DD as well so she thinks we are going to make a trip to a Disney store wait till she finds out the store is in Orlando :D

ransam
12-29-2011, 05:03 PM
My mom got me a couple for christmas. She lost them!!! but just called and found them. Lucky girl.