View Full Version : Disney Divas Xmas 2011 - Day 2

chechas
12-23-2011, 05:28 PM
What: 7th Annual Disney Xmas Trip
Who: Me & DD (16)
Where: Wilderness Lodge
When: Dec 21-26, 2011

Weather: High 70s/Low 80s but nice breeze and low humidity, felt perfect

Had breakfast in the room and then headed out around 10am to catch the bus to EPCOT. Only waited about 7 minutes for a bus and had choice of seats. Love the vibe there. Pretty crowded park. Made the traditional stop at Club Cool to try the Coke beverages from around the world. Still steer clear of the Beverly LOL

It was too early for any of the story tellers to be out yet so we just wandered in and out of shops and countries, especially ones that we have not explored in depth before (Canada, China, and Morocco) had to try the pumpkin spice funnel cake at the stand in the America pavilion. It was ok. I mean funnel cake...can't go wrong but while you could taste the spices, it was sadly lacking enough pumpkin flavor to warrant its name. Still good just a bit disappointing.

El kiddo got a crepe with ice cream in France and she really enjoyed it. I must say though that the soft serve vanilla ice cream there reminds me more of frozen cool whip than ice cream...still good but just did not taste the way I expected. Then again I am coming down with a cold of course so that could have been part of it but DD agreed with me.

We saw Pere Noel and a few other story tellers. Listened to the drummers in Japan and saw the improv theater group in the UK. We spent most of the day strolling around and taking in the sights and sounds. Finally headed back to hotel for a rest before dinner at Artist Point.

As we were headed out for dinner got a call from the front desk letting me know a package had been delivered for us ( Xmas gifts from my BFF) so we went to dinner and decided to pick up packages on our way back to the room.

Artist Point was wonderful as usual. Munched on fresh sour dough bread with black sea salt butter while looking at the menu. We split the cheese plate for an app. Then our waitress Dianne brought out demitasse cups of the smoked portabella soup compliments of the chef for us to taste as DD had been considering getting it before deciding on cheese plate.

All I can say is wow!!! I am not a big mushroom or soup fan but this soup was creamy and rich and delish. Had little croutons in it and other little goodies that I won't spoil the surprise on but it was very good.

Main course consisted of Seared Bay Diver Scallops on parmigian-reggiano butternut squash risotto and roasted pumpkin seeds for DD and the Black Angus grilled tenderloin with marbled potatoes and field beans for me. I am allergic to shellfish so can only say DD was in heaven with her dish. As for the tenderloin...tender is right!! It had peppercorn butter on top and melted in my mouth!

Dessert consisted of the Artist Point Cobbler...a mixed berry cobbler with house made raspberry ice cream on top. It is so good. Not too sweet, not too bitter. The ice cream is a great counterpart to the cobbler that is also topped with fresh blackberries and raspberries. A dollop of whip cream would have sent it over for me though. LOL.

We stopped by front desk for package and yet again everyone at WL is very friendly and bubbly. Then waddled back up to our room and watched the MK fireworks as best we could then watched TV. The gifts under the tree are expanding it seems LOL. Another great day!

faline
12-23-2011, 07:20 PM
What a yummy meal you had at Artist Point! It's so fun to just wander around Epcot and take in the atmosphere!

wildernesslady
12-24-2011, 03:13 PM
As many times that I've stayed at the lodge, I have never had dinner at Artist Point. I will definitely have to add it next time. Enjoy your gifts.

ElenitaB
12-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Sounds like we have to go back to AP just to have that soup.

How lovely to spending Christmas at WL!

Zawadi
12-25-2011, 07:40 AM
Tut tut! Avoiding the Beverly, it's the only one that I like :cloud9: !

The closest that we've gone to Christmas is the first week of December. It sounds like you're having a wonderful time

yjgirl32
12-27-2011, 08:05 AM
Sounds like a great day. Thanks for sharing.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-27-2011, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the report

pdrlkr
12-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: