PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay to cook?

Crow
12-23-2011, 05:21 PM
We want to cook a meal for each other on a trip. in Feb we have a trip booked for POP w free dining. I was thinking of adding a 2 days for a room but it seems expensive for a place w kitchen.she said Saratoga, which doesnt really impress me. other than the Treehouse which i would love to stay in but are outrageous in price.
so FW cabins or WL Villas. looks like a lot though at $600+ for 2 nites

faline
12-23-2011, 07:24 PM
It can be expensive to rent a location with a kitchen. Have you looked into renting points at one the Vacation Club resorts? The Villas at Wilderness Lodge are in this category. You might check out rentals on the Time Share Store.

sgdisney
12-23-2011, 08:18 PM
What about the cabins at Fort Wilderness? They are considered in the "Moderate" category, probably cheaper than a villa.

VWL Mom
12-24-2011, 06:36 AM
One thing to keep in mind is that if you want to actually cook in a villa you would need to get a 1 bedroom. The studios do not have a stove or oven, only a microwave.

Crow
12-25-2011, 12:43 AM
yea i saw that i would need a one bedroom in order to have a kitchen. theres a big price diff in getting a room and getting a cabin or vacation club one bedroom. Like 2 days would run $600 as opposed to getting a value or mod for $200-$400. idk if it will happen. have to think some more.

CU Tiger
12-28-2011, 12:15 PM
The FW cabins have fully furnished kitchens. We have cooked a few meals to save some $$. If you can, get your food supplies outside of FW. The prices are inflated at the stores and the selection is limited.:mickey:

DizneyRox
12-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Best to rent points for a DVC 1BR.