PDA

View Full Version : Cash on Key to world card

eeyoremom
12-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Can you put cash on your account at check-in so that you can then charge to that amount on your key to the world card? We would rather not carry the cash, but also would rather not use our charge card. Can we put like $500-700 on our account at check in?

LVT
12-23-2011, 02:03 PM
It seems like I have heard of that.
In a similar vein, I give the resort desk my gift and reward cards to apply against the KTTW.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Yes, you can do that!

Also, even if you leave a credit card, it isn't actually charged until you check out, or reach your limit ($500 values, $1000 mods & 1500 deluxe), so you can use the KTTW for charges, and then every couple of days slip down and pay off what you've actually spent.

WDWCrazyKaren
12-28-2011, 09:37 AM
We've done it many times, and it works like a charm. Once you've reached your limit on what you've put down, it simply won't accept the charge anymore. Really is quite handy, especially if you have kids that you don't want handling money. If you DO have kids however, SET A LIMIT! :thumbsup:

twinboyz
12-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Yes, you can do that!

Also, even if you leave a credit card, it isn't actually charged until you check out, or reach your limit ($500 values, $1000 mods & 1500 deluxe), so you can use the KTTW for charges, and then every couple of days slip down and pay off what you've actually spent.

This is what we do. Always pay off our bill with cash or TC before we check out. KTTW card is so convienent and it helps us keep track of our expenditures. Nothing has ever hit our CC.

ColleenMcD
01-02-2012, 04:17 PM
So if we are all staying in the same room, is there a way to separate the spending by card??

I was thinking of disney gift cards or visa gift cards for my DD's (7 & 4) spending money so I don't have to carry cash, but if there was a way to keep track of which card spent what then I could eliminate the extra card to carry!

:spend:

eeyoremom
01-02-2012, 04:48 PM
The bill you get at the end of your stay tells you which card spent what. We have always been able to tell who charge each purchase. It's still a good idea to set some kind of limit with kids, or not allowing charging. We know someone who was very surprised with a very large bill, charge by a preteen daughter.

CleveRocks
01-12-2012, 04:29 PM
So if we are all staying in the same room, is there a way to separate the spending by card??

Yes, even in a single room you can each set up your own separate room charge. This is a relatively new system, so not everyone is familar with it, but I promise you this is accurate.

And yes, as mentioned above, if you just use one single room charge account, you can get a print-out that shows which KTTW card was used for each individual purchase, and thus you could accurately decide who owes what.