PDA

View Full Version : Original Idea for Little Mermaid Ride?

Buttercup
12-21-2011, 05:47 PM
I found this on YouTube a while ago and kept forgetting to share. It's apparently the "original" idea for the Little Mermaid ride at California & eventually Florida, generated by computers. Not sure how legit it is... People can search "The Little Mermaid Ride" on YouTube

I really like the beginning of the video, and wish they'd included a scene with Eric's ship broken up in the water... and the "Kiss The Girl" scene in the swamp looks way cooler when you're actually travelling around Ariel & Eric, not just past them... and finally at about the 2:45 point in the video, where Ursula is defeated, that just looks awesome.

I haven't actually been on the ride in DL yet, but I've watched the videos on YouTube quite a bit and feel like they left out some of the key storyline. Not that they're gonna change it now, but this video is pretty neat if it's legit. :mickey:

Patricia
12-21-2011, 08:02 PM
That video is the same video that was featured on The Little Mermaid 2 disk in 2006 and perhaps on the Little Mermaid Platinum Edition as a "Virtual Ride".

Back then, it was stated that the attraction was no longer going to be built.

I guess we all know how that turned out. ;)