December 9, 2011
Friday

Who:
Gene
Linda
DB Scott
DSIL Donna
DN Sam

It’s a little after 9 in the evening. It’s been a long day and we’re pretty tired.

The flight went smoothly and we landed a little after 10:30 this morning. Our luggage spewed out onto the carousel pretty quickly and we headed to the Thrifty counter where we found we were upgraded to a Ford Focus. Cool.

Trunk was pretty large and fit all of our luggage. On the way to Disney, we stopped at a Super Walmart for some necessaries and all of that stuff fit into the trunk as well. When we got to Old Key West, they told us the room that was assigned to us was not ready but we could have room 1332 right across the road from Hospitality House immediately. Sold!

Before heading across the road, we run into the quick service spot, grab a turkey sandwich (to split) and some chips. We get to our room, and bring all our luggage in. We wolf down the sandwich and some of the chips – that hits the spot. The unit is spacious and will serve our needs well. One downside is the one tiny safe that exists in the master bedroom suite. Another downside is the proximity of the second bedroom to the kitchen will make it difficult for the early risers to not disturb those who wish to rise later in the morning.

We connect with Scott & Donna and find they’ve gone to Disney Studios today. They’re heading into Lights, Motors, Action show and will move over to Epcot when that show ends. We head to the bus stop and only wait 5-10 minutes for an Epcot bus. I’m really here!! I’m really on vacation!!

I had purchased our annual passes through member services about two weeks ago so we head to Guest Relations to pick them up. Strangely, they have them under the name “David”. Now my son-in-law’s name is David but he has a different last name. We had taken him and my daughter to Disney probably 10 years ago now and since then, we’ve occasionally gotten pin codes mailed to our home with David’s first name and our last name. How this name might have gotten into Member Services is beyond me. All the other information including our home address and credit card information is correct. We soon have our annual passes (though the cast member tells us she is not supposed to issue them if the name does not match which it obviously does not in this case) as well as our Tables in Wonderland card.

There’s no line for Spaceship Earth so we do that. As the ride is ending, my phone buzzes. Donna’s left a message saying that they are just leaving Disney Studios and will meet us at Le Cellier just before the time of our reservation.

They just arrived at the resort so more to come later…..

Jennifer_and_Chris
12-20-2011, 01:03 PM
What wonderful luck on the room location! We'll stay at OKW one of these times....

Nothing like the first Disney bus ride, walking into EPCOT and going on SS.... :cloud9:

mouseketeer mom
12-20-2011, 03:30 PM
I always love your reports, so yay!! I have something fun to read, keep 'em coming!

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-20-2011, 04:11 PM
I LOVE your trip reports.

It is interesting about the passes though ... I'm glad common sense ruled and they gave them to you :thumbsup:

emerzmom
12-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Sounds like the beginning of a magical vacation! I am looking forward to more.
Happy Holidays!
:santa:
Julie

brivers222
12-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Awesome luck with your room! We were at MVMCP friday night :)

I believe we stopped at the same super walmart only at 11:30am... I loved not actually filling our suitcases with toiletries!

faline
12-21-2011, 03:18 PM
I LOVE your trip reports.

It is interesting about the passes though ... I'm glad common sense ruled and they gave them to you :thumbsup:

Thank you! I'm not sure what would have happened had they refused to give us the passes we paid for!!

Joannelet
12-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the report! Off to a great start!

princessgirls
12-22-2011, 02:25 PM
Linda,

Yeah!! You are on vacation! You have arrived!!!

Enjoy!

Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
12-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DisneyorBust
12-23-2011, 07:53 PM
I know that everyone just loves that "We're actually here!! feeling! Me included!:D
I'm enjoying the excitement that shows thru your reports, thanks for sharing!

vizsla
12-24-2011, 04:06 AM
Thanks for the report.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the report...love Lecellier hope it was great:mickey:

MinnieMommie
01-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Glad the passes worked out (that could have been a nightmare). Sounds you got a great room! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
01-04-2012, 01:12 PM
We stayed in a studio at Old Key West for the first time last month. We were only there for one "extra" night. Our room location couldn't have been farther from the main pool area of the resort. For one night I didn't want them to change locations, would hate for a family staying the week to end up in our location, but I wouldn't have enjoyed the resort at all for a full week vacation in our location. The rooms were very spacious and what we saw of the resort seemed very, very nice. Just hate how big and spread out it is.

Sounds like your vacation is off to a great start. Love that feeling of "I'm really here"!

DizNee143
01-12-2012, 09:31 AM
That's awesome about your room! We've yet to be that close to the hospitality house..sounds like a great start at Epcot do far!:mickey:

Jennib
01-18-2012, 04:03 AM
thanks for the report :mickey: