PDA

View Full Version : off site rental communites

disneynarula
12-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Anyone have experiences with off site rentals? We are going for two weeks in October and I am thinking about staying off site for the first time. We can either afford one week on site or two weeks on site and I can't decide what to do.

mickeyman42
12-20-2011, 11:31 AM
we have stayed in windsor hills. Lovely gated community, minutes from the parks. it was amazing. we prefer to stay onsite but coming from canada and wanting to stay longer we just cant do 14 days in a value room and the larger suites are out of our budget so for us the only way to come back so often is to stay offsite. next year we are staying 4 nights at POFQ to get some onsite magic ( and free dining!) but staying the other 10 days offsite in a rental home. only way we can afford it. we also always rent a car to go shopping, to seaworld and universal so transportation wasnt a big deal to us. windsor hills was 5 minutes from AK, literally and I was very skeptical about the proximity to the parks. for us, once we see the disney road signs we feel like we're there anyway, and having 4 bedrooms and a pool is awesome!

IamaDisneyFan
12-20-2011, 11:39 PM
We are staying at Bahama Bay in February for our second week in the Disney area. We haven't stayed here before, but got a great deal and it looks really nice.

disneynarula
12-21-2011, 03:58 AM
I looked at a few places in Windsor hills that were very reasonably priced. I like the idea of splitting the stay. We are also coming from overseas. (Germany) We get our airline tickets paid for and my DH get special leave to go home. We wanted to take an actual vacation instead of having some whirlwind tour visiting family. I also couldn't see coming for just a week but also could not imagine the five of us sharing a room at a value for two weeks.

PrettyMinnie
12-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Our first trip was off-site at a beautiful condo (I forget the name). I t was lovely and the complex had many, many amenities that were included and allowed us to stay longer. We still enjoy staying on property much more, simply because it is a different experience, however staying off property is a great option. For the money, you get much more room and amenities than you would on Disney property and if you go in with the right mind set, it will be wonderful! I wouldn't hesitate to stay off property if it mean an extra week!!

eandrsmom
12-28-2011, 09:13 PM
I've read good things about Windsor Hills. However, this year we are trying Wyndham Bonnet Creek. It is actually surrounded by Disney property on three sides! Apparently, the original owners held out and wouldn't sell to Disney. Supposedly you have to cross under the purple Disney gates to get to the property, and it's right next door to Carribean Beach. I'm renting directly from a timeshare owner that has very good reviews. I'm getting a 2BR/2BA room for $120 a night! Even with an AP discount for a FW Cabin, I still come out MUCH cheaper. Hopefully we won't be disappointed.

Hair_Razor
12-28-2011, 10:02 PM
You won't be disappointed. We own with Wyndham and love Bonnet Creek. We stayed on site past couple times because of free dining. Their buses were quite easy to manage, and their pool is fantastic. Plus they have a lazy river and put put on the property for no extra cost. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Buttercup
12-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Have you looked into All Star Vacation Homes? They're an Intercot sponsor. I've looked into their places and have always been impressed at their rates. If there's ever a year we can't afford to stay on site, I'm definitely going with them.

I had a friend who stayed at Windsor Hills and really enjoyed it as well.

VWL Mom
12-29-2011, 07:08 AM
Have you looked into All Star Vacation Homes? They're an Intercot sponsor. I've looked into their places and have always been impressed at their rates. If there's ever a year we can't afford to stay on site, I'm definitely going with them.

I had a friend who stayed at Windsor Hills and really enjoyed it as well.

I think Windsor Hills is available to book through all-star. I agree with you though, rates seem very reasonable and if we ever go with a large group I would seriously consider booking one of the homes through all-star.

MouseHouser
12-29-2011, 04:43 PM
We have stayed off site quite a few times, and the numbers don't lie, it can be far more economical.

The problem for us with staying off-site is that once you get in your car and hit the highway, the magic goes "poof." It's as though you were mesmerized and then the hypnotist snapped his fingers and you were instantly transported back to the real world.

That said, if staying off-site enabled us to stay longer, we'd do it. Just factor in that you too may be susceptible to the bursting bubble syndrome.

From what I hear, Bonnet Creek offers a comparable experience to staying at a Disney property because you don't exit the bubble and the grounds are great. We have been looking into this resort ourselves.

Just our impressions. Enjoy.

natstroop
01-01-2012, 04:36 PM
We stayed offsite four years ago in the Briargrove community. We found the place at Orlando Villas. It was ref #51 and was a beautiful home and the owner was wonderful to deal with. It was so nice to have our own pool and beds...granted onsite totally rocks too. It definetly is a cheaper way to go, without the feeling of being cheap...if you know what I mean.