PDA

View Full Version : Stores have really gone too far now!

Niecyboo
12-19-2011, 07:58 PM
OK. So on Saturday my DH and I were leaving a CHRISTMAS party and stopped by the grocery store on the way home. As we passed a giant Resee's display he made a comment because he knows I love Peanut Butter trees. But it wasn't trees. It was EASTER EGGS. More than a week before Christmas and the store had a display of Easter candy, with a sign that said "Spring is in the Air." At first I thought this was just some kind of error, until I realized that behind it there was a similar display of Cadbury Eggs. As we walked around the store, we found a total of 6 displays of a variety of Easter Candy. Come on! It's one thing to have Christmas stuff out before Halloween (which is a pet peeve of mine) but now Easter stuff before Christmas!

azdisneymom
12-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Dislike

SBETigg
12-19-2011, 08:38 PM
That's too much! Agreed.

Georgesgirl1
12-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Yep, they have a Cadbury Creme Eggs display at our grocery store too. Craziness!

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Totally Crazy.

Just Crazy.

Dopey's Girl
12-19-2011, 09:30 PM
I used to work retail (toy store), and this drove me crazy! First, its not technically winter yet. Second, why do we always have to be rushing to the next thing? I know it's to make money, but I'm stressed over Crhistmas, let me have one day before stressing over the next holiday!

disneyfan328
12-19-2011, 09:47 PM
I'd have to say I agree. I think this is a bit ridiculous - I mean isnt there another holiday in there somehwere?? Valentines day maybe? Can we please just have one holiday at a time and stop rushing things? live goes by way to fast as it is!!!

DisneyDog
12-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I was going to say what about Valentine's Day or St. Patrick's Day. Why don't we just start celebrating New Years Eve for 2013??

DVC2004
12-20-2011, 04:20 PM
Ugh come on now. Is anyone really buying Easter candy in December? So crazy. It's not even officially winter yet but "spring is in the air".

I will avoid buying Reese's now if at all possible...

White Rose
12-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Some secret part of me was really hoping that was a display with Easter candy from earlier this year on sale...

I'm sad that it's not. ugh, let me go through winter first! :ill:

Niecyboo
12-20-2011, 08:53 PM
I know! I was hoping it was delivered to the store, then maybe set out by accident but I went back to the store and they are still out. If anything, they are more prominent. It was more than just Reese's. That is just what I saw first. There were also Cadbury Eggs, Snickers Eggs and I think Skittles (I don't remember everything). I have decided to politely tell the store that since they seem so concerned with Easter, I will do my Christmas shopping elsewhere.

brad192
12-20-2011, 09:33 PM
To quote a line from The Princess Bride:

"INCONCEIVABLE"

:mad::shake::nono::bang::blowup::crazy: