PDA

View Full Version : Four Mexican Riviera dates canceled

Imalismom
12-19-2011, 10:55 AM
DCL has canceled four Mexican Riviera sailings of the Disney Wonder from Los Angeles for December 2012 (9. 16. 23 and 30). If you're booked on any of these sailings contact your TA or DCL.

Scar
12-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Not suprising. With the crime there I'm sure bookings are way down. Unless/untill they get things under control, I wouldn't be shocked to see them stop going there altogether.

Ed
12-19-2011, 09:40 PM
There's a TOTALLY UNCONFIRMED RUMOR floating that Wonder will be moving to Galveston to do the runs normally done by Magic during that time. The second part of the rumor is that Magic will be going into drydock for a major overhaul and upgrades. Again, this is rumored, nor necessarily factual. DCL has not made any official announcements yet.

More info will be posted as it becomes available. Stay tuned...

:captain:

chrim
01-14-2012, 04:16 PM
This is an interesting idea. I could see the Magic going into drydock right after Thanksgiving, but I am sure she would be back in service before Christmas to rack up the extra-expensive holiday fares.

Alternately, I think lots of ships go into drydock in January or February, so I could see Disney looking for a shipyard for the Magic in that time period. (Heck, that is also the slowest period for travel to WDW, when lots of rides go down for maintenance, so it shouldn't be a mystery to DCL execs).

I suppose it would be relatively easy to move bookings from the Magic to the Wonder in Galveston (people could keep the same cabin numbers/locations, there are the same docking and food service requirements, same total capacity, etc.).

It is hard to do 7 night cruises out of Cali, and DCL seems to want to stick to 7 nights or less in general. Still, if they have the Magic move back to Port Canaveral, I would think they might need to design trips longer than 7 nights to attract customers away from the Fantasy and her schedule of 7 night cruises.