PDA

View Full Version : French Quarter observations ~

EeyoresBestFriend
12-16-2011, 12:15 PM
We just got back from a trip to the World.

Unfortunately, my DH was laid up for a bit and I spent more time than we normally do in the FQ resort.

I was surprised to see some of the stuff they have. The smores and campfire out by the river by building 7, and the evening movie in the courtyard by building 5. It was very cool! I never knew that they did stuff like this!

And the reno'd rooms were great! Made us love our second home even more! :cloud9:

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-16-2011, 03:33 PM
I am always amazed at the number of things you can do at Disney resorts, without ever stepping foot in the parks!

Glad you had a good time, and found some new "surprises".

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
12-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Awesome to hear this as DD and I have chosen to stay there for our birthday/HS graduation celebration trip.

mom2morgan
12-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Sorry your guy wasn't feeling well! Terrible to be under the weather while on vacation, but glad you found some of the "hidden gems"

AgentC
12-17-2011, 08:21 AM
We really enjoy POFQ too. Glad the resort helped make a not so fun situation better.

And I love having queen size beds there! :thumbsup:

garymacd
12-17-2011, 10:30 AM
We just returned from FQ last night, and, I must say I love the place more than ever.

There was a man at the front door named Arnell who acted as greeter and ambassador. He is a wealth of information and knowledge about WDW in general and the French Quarter specifically.

you can't miss him. He is dressed up like the mayor of Port Orleans wearing a purple suit with top hat and sash. We spent about 45 minutes speaking with him about the resort, his history with the resort, Bonfamille's restaurant which is long since closed but still used by the Epcot executive chefs as a test kitchen and occasionally used as a venue for awards dinners and special functions.

All the activities started a few years ago and I was glad to see them use that large open green for other than decoration. My wife says she remembers seeing it completely fenced off on our first trip there back in 1996. Kids are now always running and playing on that field now.

MrPeetrie
12-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Sorry about someone being under the weather.

We just got back from a trip to the World.

Unfortunately, my DH was laid up for a bit and I spent more time than we normally do in the FQ resort.

I was surprised to see some of the stuff they have. The smores and campfire out by the river by building 7, and the evening movie in the courtyard by building 5. It was very cool! I never knew that they did stuff like this!

I never knew they did stuff like that eiher. I knew they did do these things at Fort Wilderness though.