PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide (dining), Help!

sixshot19
12-16-2011, 01:51 AM
We are heading back to the world in May. We are bringing my mom with us (she's a first timer, but that's another post). With her with us, me and my DW are going to leave the kids with her one night, and go out to dinner by ourselves.

We want to go to a great sit down restaurant. We have not had a real nice adult dinner together in a long time. Outside of reading reviews in books and online, what would my fellow Intercotees suggest?

I love anything from sushi to haggis, my DW is a little picky and doesn't eat fish, and usually sticks to a chicken dish. Thanks for your suggestions!

A Big Kid
12-16-2011, 06:32 AM
Wow, you really leave us with such an open ended question, I'm not sure an answer is possible.

Is price no object?
Is a resort meal preferred to a park meal?
Is a view important?
Quiet meal or interactive/fun?
Traditional or exotic food?

Ms. Mode
12-16-2011, 07:05 AM
Well if it were me, I think we would go somewhere we hadn't tried...like Artist Pointe @ WL. When we were there in August we saw several couples going in for dinner. You have to dress a little more than casual....I think it would seem more like a "date". :blush:

busterthebronco
12-16-2011, 08:04 AM
Narcoosee's is a sure win.
the food is very good.
the place is nice.
being at the GF adds to the atmosphere.
its a great place to "take a walk" afterward.
;)

BelleBeauty
12-16-2011, 10:38 AM
The best dining experience that we very picky NYC foodies had while we were there last month was Kouzzina. The atmosphere in the restaurant was great - not bright lights and loud like a lot of other places we experienced. The service (Chris) was awesome and we really enjoyed the food. The one caveat is that there is a lot of fish on the menu, but several non-fish options. The menu is available on the Disney dining website so your wife can take a look. I highly recommend it!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Are you looking for a particular park or resort? I've heard more good things about California Grill at the Contemporary than any other restaurant. If you are only doing one that's what I'd pick.

sixshot19
12-17-2011, 12:44 AM
Wow, you really leave us with such an open ended question, I'm not sure an answer is possible.

Is price no object?
Is a resort meal preferred to a park meal?
Is a view important?
Quiet meal or interactive/fun?
Traditional or exotic food?

Price is no object, we plan to treat ourselves.
Park meal preferred,(using resort transport), but not carved in stone.
View not really important.
Quiet meal.
Exotic for me, but need some traditional choices for my DW.

Hammer
12-17-2011, 09:37 AM
While you said a park meal is preferred due to transportation, I think a resort meal would be nicer for an "adult" night out. From what you said about food tastes, I would go with Narcoossee's. Yes, the menu has many seafood choices, but my cousin and his wife love the chicken there. They ordered it when we ate there with them in May and it did look very good. I've eaten there many times and all the seafood choices are delicious, as are the steaks. Only time I was disappointed was when I ordered a pork dish, which was very overcooked. So, now I stick to getting pork at California Grill :) . As for transportation, you can take WDW transportation to MK and monorail to the Grand Floridian. I would treat yourself, though, and take a taxi.

Kairi_7378
12-17-2011, 11:15 AM
I agree with Christine, but I would also add a recommendation for Artists' Point in the Wilderness Lodge. I think there is a good balance there between things that are different and those that are good for picky eaters.

Patricia
12-17-2011, 02:19 PM
If you head over to MK, you can take the ferry over to Wilderness Lodge for dinner at Artist Pointe. Then take a walk around the grounds, very pretty at night with the waterfall. Maybe.. stay and watch the Electric Water Pagent from the beach lounges or if the timing is right, you may be able to see the fireworks from the ferry back over to the MK.

Here is the Artist Pointe dinner menu (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/Media/InternetMediaType/Dining/ArtistPoint/artist-point-menu-dinner.pdf)..

:mickey:

LVT
12-20-2011, 07:07 AM
I like fireworks:
Narcoosie is my favorite
California Grill is fine

Zawadi
12-20-2011, 07:35 AM
Our favourite is Citricos in GF (transport back to your resort not too bad - monorail to MK then bus to resort)

Failing that then California Grill (Contemporary) or Le Cellier (Canada in Epcot)

From what people have posted, have a look at the sample menus then pick and make an ADR

SBETigg
12-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Resorts generally have better dining than the parks, but if you want an impressive adult meal in the parks, go with Bistro de Paris in Epcot's France. It's wonderful. Not on a dining plan, and there is no children's menu.

I also like California Grill, Flying Fish, Narcoossee's, and Citricos- all near enough to parks to not be much of a trek.

Wright46
12-20-2011, 09:22 AM
My girlfirend and I had a very nice dinner at Le Celier in Epcot last time we were there. Food was phenominal and the service was super.

brad192
12-20-2011, 03:41 PM
All of the previous suggestions are great, but if price is no object - and you've got REALLY deep pockets - Victoria & Albert's is a choice you might consider. Of course, you;ll both have to "dress up" for that meal ( nice dress for your wife, jacket & tie for you). Never been there myself, but I've heard the experience is just short of life altering.:D

Wright46
12-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Dare I suggest a restaurant offsite? Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and Roy's are both nearby and both outstanding.

Katzateer
12-22-2011, 09:10 AM
I would pick California Grill and try to time it close to a Wishes so you can get a great viewing. The food is wonderful, a nice place to talk and it is very relaxing once you get seated.

We have taken WDW newbies a few times and that is one of their favorite memories of the trip.

brivers222
12-22-2011, 10:07 AM
My wife and I went to California Grill for our 1month anniversary on 12.12.11... we got a window seat with perfect viewing of the fireworks.... it was super romantic! :thumbsup:

renecat
12-22-2011, 03:25 PM
Yatchmen steak house is also a great choice.
You can walk out the back of Epcot to get to it.