PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and pixie dust needed for me please

Disneymom4ever
12-15-2011, 07:58 PM
I just had a mole removed that looked strange, and my dermatologist just called this afternoon saying it's melanoma. He sent me right down to an oncologist, and I've never been so scared in my life. Next step, surgery to remove a lymph node to see if it's spread. Probably in a couple of weeks. I'm sitting here with my 15 yr. old, and I just can't tell him. Please, could you send some pixie dust this way? Thank you all :(

Disney4us2
12-15-2011, 08:03 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

PlutoToo
12-15-2011, 08:50 PM
:grouphug: Pixie dust, prayers, and all good thoughts heading your way.

Believe.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
12-15-2011, 10:14 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:
Pixie Dust and Prayers.
Went through this over the summer/fall with my MIL - hers had not spread and they were able to get it all via surgery. Hope yours is as simple.

And a just a word to the wise - your 15 yr old probably senses something is off - our children know more of what is going on that they typically let on.

Disneymom4ever
12-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Thank you all, and thank you Katherine for the positive story. I'm so happy your MIL is doing well. I can use all the positive stories I can get right now. And you're right, I will tell him soon, as well as my other son, who will be home from college Saturday. I have to stay positive, that's all I can do at this point.

Dopey's Girl
12-15-2011, 11:01 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Lots of get well soon dust for you.

sixshot19
12-16-2011, 02:21 AM
Prayers and best wishes to you.

Not telling you what to do, but let your 15 year old know.

We are stronger as a family then as individuals.

I have dealt with cancer in my family and other health issues, it is nice to have a shoulder to lean on. You don't need the added stress of trying to hide anything from them.

Best to you.

azdisneymom
12-16-2011, 04:44 AM
Hugs to you. I was diagnosed with malignant melanoma over 20 years ago, long before they did sentinal node biopsies. It is scary. I am so glad you are being agressively treated. Try to take it one step at a time. We all tend to imagine the worst but focus on each positive detail. You had the mole checked - good. You are having a sentinal node biopsy - good. Each step is leading towards a final, positive outcome, the one where your doctor says you are good.

I agree with the others. Kids are very perceptive and we moms aren't as good at hiding these things as we think. Share what information you have with them. You could even take them to an appointment with your oncologist so they can ask questions.

I am sorry you and your family are dealing with this during the holiday season. You will be in my prayers!

laprana
12-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Sending lots of :pixie::pixie: and prayers to you for a positive outcome!

TheVBs
12-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Lots of :pixie: from me too! I'm so sorry for what you're going through right now.

BelleBeauty
12-16-2011, 10:47 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:: pixie::pixie:

badkitty
12-16-2011, 11:20 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Here is some extra pixie dust:
:tink:

DVC2004
12-16-2011, 11:29 AM
I am so sorry you are going through this! I know how scared you must be. Prayers and pixie dust on the way, just think positive (hard I know). We'll all be keeping you in our thoughts.

TinkerbellT421
12-16-2011, 04:23 PM
SO sorry you are going through this. Will be sending prayers, pixie dust and positive thoughts your way. A friend of mine also had melanoma and it had not spread and was able to simply remove what was there via surgery. Same as another story I saw posted here. So like was previously stated, hoping yours is just as simple. :pixie::pixie::pixie:

Jeff
12-16-2011, 04:37 PM
I will be praying for you!

buzznwoodysmom
12-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Prayers and pixie dust for you, as well as your children and family!

hoop de do
12-16-2011, 06:20 PM
PA Pixie Dust and prayers coming your way.

:tink::pixie::tink::pixie:

ElenitaB
12-16-2011, 08:55 PM
So many prayers being said for you. I know exactly how you feel... 10 years ago I was diagnosed with cancer as well. As moms, we worry not only for ourselves but for our children (mine was in kindergarten at the time).

Prayers, :pixie: and :hug: are all yours.

Altair
12-16-2011, 09:27 PM
I had this nine years ago and was cured by the surgery. I could have been treated with Interferon too, but I declined for various reasons.
Stay positve, it is curable as I and others here can attest.:thumbsup:

Disneymom4ever
12-16-2011, 09:34 PM
You all are so thoughtful, I honestly have a lump in my throat just reading these posts. Thank you so much, I truly mean that! I've heard a few good stories like yours how it was caught in time, and all is well. I keep re-reading your stories. So there can be good news out of this, I just have to keep thinking positive. So thank you all, I love this Intercot family.

DisneyorBust
12-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Prayers and get well wishes on your way!
My mother was diagnosed with cancer a number of years ago, all because she was in a car accident and needed an x-ray.
Stay positive and let your family rally around you!
Good Luck!

joanna71985
12-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Sending lots of pixie dust your way!

Hull-onian
12-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Sorry hear about your news, but it's a good thing you went to the doctor when you did. :pixie: Wishing you a speedy recovery....

Kairi_7378
12-17-2011, 08:36 PM
Sorry to read this. I don't have many words of wisdom but I wanted to let you know that I will pray that everything goes as well as possible for you as you fight this cancer.

murphy1
12-19-2011, 12:49 PM
I am praying for you and know this is scary. I am from Florida and live in the South still and I have had one mole show up cancerous and had to get it cut out pretty deep, but it had not spread. I've also had abnormal cells in my thyroid and two surgeries to get that taken out, too, plus they took out a few lymph nodes b/c they looked huge and not too good. The second surgery I will never forget my doc calling me on a Monday night saying he suspected lymphoma at first b/c of my awful white counts, turned out after the surgery and biopsy, it came back okay. I remember in those days being so scared I couldn't breathe and I had very small kids back then, I agree about keeping your son updated on what's going on, he's 15 and knows more than you think. Elenita is a huge inspiration to me. I am fine now and you have to think positive, even though it is scary when you are walking down that path at the time.

Disneymom4ever
12-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Wow Shari, it sounds like you've really gone through a lot. I'm so sorry. But I'm so glad you're fine now! You're right, it feels like I'm just holding my breath waiting. Well, the surgery is Wed. morning. And we'll take it from there. Should know about a week later. And yes, Elenita has been just wonderful! I'll keep everyone updated. Thanks again for all the prayers.

Disneymom4ever
12-28-2011, 05:20 PM
**Update**-
Well, the surgery is over, step 2-done. Haven't seen how long this scar will be, just a big bandage for now. Don't really care at this point, just the end results. They ended up taking out 4 lymph nodes to check instead of 1. That news worried me, but I believe the doc is just being very thorough at this point. At least I hope. He seems very good. Appt.is for next Wed morning for results talk, if not sooner. Here we go, the waiting begins. Thanks everyone, the support I have here means so much! :hug:

TinkerbellT421
12-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Glad to hear the surgery went well. When you speak to your doctor ask him about using vitamin E gel tablets it works wonders for scars! It will make the scar heal faster and thinner and be barely noticeable in no time. Its an old trick my mother taught me. So since then whenever I or anyone I know got a deep cut or surgery I always suggest that. You can buy it at any drug store or pharmacy type store. Its a half inch gel cap and you just poke a hole with a sterilized pin on the top of the gel to make the littlest hole in it then squeeze the gel cap and release the entire cap (its actually about the size of an Advil gel cap) and rub it on the surgery area once a day, I used to do it before bed. But I say to check with the doctor just in case there's any reason for not using it for your type of surgery if the scar is too open or anything like that. But vitamin e causes the skin to gain its cells back to rejuvenate quicker. And I think you are right that removing four instead of one so they could be "extra sure". Sending prayers, pixie dusts and hugs in the mean time till you get your results! :pixie::pixie::hug:

Disneymom4ever
12-29-2011, 09:43 AM
Thank you so much Tinkerbell, I would not have thought about that! I will definitely ask him that when I see him. :mickey:

ElenitaB
12-29-2011, 08:06 PM
Just remember: "thorough" is good. The worst part is the waiting. You'll be in my prayers... :hug:

Disneymom4ever
01-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Well, on my way to the appointment now, feel so sick and scared I am shaking. I know I'm supposed to want to know, but it doesn't feel like it! My leg got infected, so this has been an adventure, but I'd do it 10 more times to hear good results today. I'll keep you all updated. Thanks again everyone! :hug:

TinkerbellT421
01-03-2012, 12:45 PM
:hug: I am sure you will be just fine :mickey: Been keeping you in my daily thoughts and prayers!

laprana
01-03-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. I hope everything turns out well, and I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Sending :pixie::pixie: your way, too!

princessgirls
01-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Prayers for good results for you!!

Please keep us updated.

Julie:mickey:

Disneymom4ever
01-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Well, I'm back. The news was not what I was hoping for. They had originally taken out 5 lymph nodes, and 4 came back clean. The 5th, not so much. So now, next step is to go back in and take out the section that was connected to the bad one, and test those. About 5 more he said. I go in for surgery already tomorrow, which happens to be my son's birthday. Then in a week I have a scan to make sure things are clear other places. My nightmare continues. I try to see the good in all this, I guess that it was just one out of 5? It's taking everything I've got right now to be positive, but I'm trying. My mom was so cute, while waiting in the doctors office, she said she had an idea last night, that her and I would go to Disney World when I'm better for a few days. She knows that's my favorite place to be. Anyway, thanks for listening, and the prayers. I'll keep you all updated. Hugs to all. :hug:

cer
01-03-2012, 05:26 PM
I know this is not the news you wanted, but glad they are not wasting any time getting you back in there. I will pray for peace and comfort for you and your family as you go through the next steps.

By the way, it sounds like you have a great mom! :mickey:

(((hugs)))

TinkerbellT421
01-03-2012, 06:09 PM
I know it's not the news you were hoping for, but it could have been worse, right? Like the pp said atleast they aren't wasting anytime. Still thinking of you and sending tons more prayers and pixie dust!! :pixie:

pianobabe
01-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Prayers, hugs and pixie dust being sent your way.

PlutoToo
01-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Prayers, hugs and pixie dust being sent your way from here as well.

ElenitaB
01-03-2012, 10:05 PM
What Carrie said!

I'm glad that they're on top of it. And I love your mom!

I know that you're in a very scary place right now, but it really does sound like you're in good hands and we all have your back too.

Prayers and pixie dust continue to head your way.

:hug:

Disneymom4ever
01-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Well, last Wednesday was the second surgery, and the section they ended up removing had 8 lymph nodes in it. Good grief! So now I have a cute little drain, and a pretty white stocking. What a journey this is. Tomorrow is the appt. to hear the results for further spreading, and guess what??? The nurse just called and said "Praise the Lord, your results just came in and all 8 nodes were clear!!" I cried and said thank you. So... next step is the PET scan on Monday, which I'm sure they will still want to do for an all clear. So I'm nervously excited at this point. I don't understand cancer cells and if they can hop around, but I will be throwing a party after this scan if all is clear. So thank you all so much, and please keep the prayers coming, they are working so far! :mickey:

DVC2004
01-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Oh wow, great news so far! I am so happy to hear that. Continued prayers, pixie dust, and positive energy to you. Hang in there!

TinkerbellT421
01-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Great to hear the good news hun!!!! Were you able to ask you doctor about the Vitamin E tablets (I know you were concerned with scaring and all). I'm sure that like you said the scan is just to give it a thumbs up, double check, positively all clear result. Pixie dust is still coming till your all clear! :mickey::pixie::hug:

Ian
01-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Lisa, sounds like you've gotten some good news since you posted this, which is great! Glad to hear things seem to be limited in terms of the cancer spreading.

Best wishes and pixie dust for continued positive results! :thumbsup:

laprana
01-10-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm so glad to hear that you got positive news from your latest surgery! I hope that things continue to go well with the PET scan. Sending more :pixie::pixie: and prayers that it also reveals good news!

murphy1
01-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Glad all is well so far, hang in there!! How is your son doing through this? Positive thoughts for good scans!!

Disneymom4ever
01-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm doing fine, hanging in there. PET scan still on Monday, should have results Tues. or Wed. I went to my oncologist Thurs., and was so excited to talk about my latest great results. But he said he was "cautious" at this point. Then he said that if everything is all clear after the scan, then I still have a 75% chance of it reoccuring in the next 5 yrs. Wow, that put a damper on my positivity. So now, he would advise me to take Interferon which is an immune booster drug with harsh side effects (minimum flu like symptoms likely) for the next year. My chances will drop by 22% he said. I'm also enrolled (trying to get into) a clinical study for a new promising drug called Yervoy, with better odds (33%) and less symptoms, but my name will be put in a computer and will spit out which drug I can do. 50/50 chance. So, I guess this nightmare isn't over. I'm at a crossroads as to what to do at this point. I really think I should do something, but having the flu every day for the next yr. sounds so harsh. Ugh, I hate this. My boys are doing fine, Sean is back at college now (1/2 hr. from Disney!), and Jacob seems to be ok, he just listens a lot. I talk about it, but don't want to worry him. So hard. And Tinkerbell, I am getting my drain removed Wed., and am going to ask about the vitamin E. Thank you for that tip! Thanks everyone for following me on this journey, and offering advice and tips. It helps, and I appreciate it! :mickey:

Altair
01-14-2012, 05:54 PM
Lisa, I responded to your PM today. Sorry it took so long, we were in the World the last two weeks.
I sent the response before I checked the boards, so now I now you are getting a PET scan.

ElenitaB
01-14-2012, 09:27 PM
I just got tears in my eyes. How wonderful that your nodes were clear. :thumbsup:

Good luck with the PET on Monday... I'll be praying for NEGATIVE results. :hug:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-14-2012, 10:34 PM
My sis was diagnosed with melanoma about 17 years ago. She had a mole on her leg. They cut pretty long and pretty deep and got it all. Knock on wood, it hasn't come back. She didn't have to take anything for it. Just be diligent and make sure you go to the dermatologist religiously for body scans.

I'll hope and pray that you get accepted for the other drug with the less severe side affects.
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Melanie
01-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Lisa, been following your progress and could have sworn I had commented on this. Here's a ton of :pixie: for negative results on Monday. You've been through so much!! Please let us know.

Disneymom4ever
01-18-2012, 08:45 PM
Hi all,
Well, today was the scariest day yet, waiting for results on my PET scan. It scanned my entire body (except for brain) to see if any cancer present. I just got back from the surgeon, and my PET scans were CLEAR!! I can say I'm officially cancer free at this moment. It's a good day!! I know it's not over, as my chances are high in the next 5 yrs. for it to return, and I have to decide on taking a drug soon, but for now, it's just a really good day! I feel like at least now I'm on a level playing field, so to speak, to help fight this. I went out and bought many vitamins today, and am going to be eating mainly fruits and vegetables, and no sugar.I am learning a lot about cancer, and ways to help prevent it. I need to look for a book on cancer preventing foods, I'm sure they are out there. What a journey this is. So thank you for your prayers and pixie dust, they really did work! :mickey:

FriendsofMickey
01-18-2012, 08:59 PM
That is great news! Very happy that you can say that you are cancer free!

TinkerbellT421
01-18-2012, 09:25 PM
oh hun such great news!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooo happy!!! :mickey:

cer
01-18-2012, 10:54 PM
So happy for you and your family! Such great news!

c&d
01-19-2012, 09:09 AM
That's terrific news, I'm really happy for you.

DizNee143
01-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Such great news!!!!! :mickey:

NewDVCowner
01-19-2012, 11:31 AM
That wonderful news! I'm so happy for your and your family!

ElenitaB
01-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Oh, that is the best news! Doing a happy dance for you! Sending you a PM with a list of books.

pianobabe
01-19-2012, 10:21 PM
Wonderful news!!!:joy::dance:

laprana
01-20-2012, 09:49 AM
I'm so happy for you that you got GREAT news! That's excellent! :joy: You must feel so relieved! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and hoping you receive nothing but more positive news over the next 5 years!

Melanie
01-20-2012, 09:59 AM
:grouphug::party2:

buzznwoodysmom
01-20-2012, 10:26 AM
What a wondeful day indeed! I wish nothing but continued good news for you over the next 5 years, and beyond!