PDA

View Full Version : Free dining in May?

minnie-mouse
12-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Has Disney ever offered free dining plans for those traveling in the month of May? If you already have trip reservations and a deal like this comes out, can you apply it to your existing package?

cuteduck223
12-14-2011, 12:21 PM
You can always add discounts to an existing reservation as long as that reservation does not have a discount already applied. that is why its a good idea to use a travel agent-they can monitor deals that come out, and figure out how to get the better discount if two different discounts are offered.

:)

Briansmom
12-14-2011, 07:45 PM
And this is why I love Magical Journeys!! No worries for me!! :thumbsup:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
12-14-2011, 08:25 PM
Yes, you can apply discounts to current reservations! And because I used Magical Journeys this time - I did get a discount applied to my current trip reservation. My former local travel agent NEVER applied discounts to my reservation.

Good luck!

minnie-mouse
12-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Yes I use magical journeys too. But was wondering of it is common they give a free dining deal out for travel dates in May.

Dream'nDisney
01-08-2012, 10:04 AM
To answer your question, yes Disney has offered free dining in May. In fact, we took advantage of it the last week of May/first week of June last year. It saved us more money to do the free dining than it would have been to take advantage of the 30% off our room (since my two kids are considered adults even though they are teens). I'm not sure if they are offering it this year, but just keep watching. It seems like it wasn't offered until maybe February last year for our trip in May, but I'm not sure. I just had a regular room reservation, and then called Disney to change our reservation to the free DDP package. Good luck! I hope you get the free dining!!

mickeys_princess_mom
01-08-2012, 10:36 PM
I remember getting it before, but we usually go later in May than we're looking at this time. Anybody remember when it often begins?....