PDA

View Full Version : upgrading ticket to Water Park & more

Rosemickey68
12-13-2011, 11:20 AM
MY DS wants to go to Disneyquest and we were going to pay out of pocket for it, for 4 people it would come to approx $190 with tax.

We already have a package w/ddp paid in full.

Do you think it would be worth upgrading and adding the WP & more in Jan? It's hard to predict what the weather will do and if we would even be able to go to the water parks.

Is it still $54 + tax each to upgrade them?

What is the best time to upgrade them if we leave in less than 30 days? Should we wait until check-in or do it now?

Thanks!

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Wait to upgrade!

There is no difference in the cost if you upgrade now, or when you get there. So, I'd wait and see if you're going to use the options and if so, then upgrade.

DizneyRox
12-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Plus, once you are there, each ticket can be upgraded individually. So, you may only want to add WP&M to two of the tickets. You can do that then, not now...

BrerGnat
12-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Yeah, I'd wait. This winter has been very mild so far in Florida. We're heading down in a couple days and plan to swim most days (since it will be in the mid-upper 70's). You might get lucky and have weather warm enough for the water parks.

I would NOT do this upgrade just for visiting Disney Quest. NO WAY is that place worth that much. I'd place the value of Disney Quest at about $15-20/person maximum. If you will also be visiting a water park, upgrade.

Buttercup
12-13-2011, 09:12 PM
I would NOT do this upgrade just for visiting Disney Quest. NO WAY is that place worth that much. I'd place the value of Disney Quest at about $15-20/person maximum. If you will also be visiting a water park, upgrade.
Exactly this.

princessgirls
12-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I'd wait. This winter has been very mild so far in Florida. We're heading down in a couple days and plan to swim most days (since it will be in the mid-upper 70's). You might get lucky and have weather warm enough for the water parks.

I agree with Natalie. I was NOT impressed with Disney Quest at all. The waterparks were worth the add-on. Well worth it.
WAIT...January can go either way in Florida. You might be walking around in your North face...
Julie:mickey:

Rosemickey68
12-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. We will wait until we get there to decide.
We promised our DS that we would go to DisneyQuest this time as we have never been and he's always wanted to go.
So, either way I'm paying to add the water parks and more or paying for a one time entry into DisneyQuest.
The plan is that the 4 of us are driving down and we were going to goof off at DQ until my oldest DS flies in later in the afternoon. So for all 5 of us to upgrade will end up costing approx $110 more than paying oop for DQ. Of course it would be worth it if we are able to do one of the water parks even for one day.