PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas to me.....NOT

Disney4us2
12-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Oh the weather outside is frightful..... It is a steady rain. Something we usually don't get until later on.

I was driving my father and I home from my his doctor appointment. The streets were all flooded. A light turned yellow so I was breaking to stop and not go through the flooded intersection. A car behind me didn't stop and boom.... I was hit. I kept my cool which is hard for me sometimes... think of the Disney t shirt with Donald saying "I flunked my anger management class"

Her car got the worst of it I think. Mine will need a new rear bumper.

This is not what I needed at this time of year.... or any time of year. Now comes the hassle of going through the insurance companies etc.

Luckly, we are ok as well as the other driver. I have some stiffness in the shoulders/neck. Don't know if that is from the accident or the weather.

Better go and call the insurance company and get the process started.

disneymom15
12-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Glad you weren't hurt. Hope everything goes ok with the insurance company.

clausjo
12-12-2011, 03:22 PM
So sorry to hear about your accident, but very glad to hear that no one was hurt! Good luck with everything and try not to let it ruin your holidays!

Ian
12-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Accidents are never fun, especially at this time of the year, but I always say that any accident you walk away from unhurt is a good accident. So take some solace in that, at least.

Good luck with the repairs!

Melanie
12-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Sorry to hear Marci! Glad everyone is okay.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-12-2011, 03:37 PM
How rotten!

I am glad everyone is OK, and that even the car isn't too bad. All in all, could have been much worse.

But, still a super-frustrating thing, especially during the holidays.

SBETigg
12-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Ugh! I feel for you. I hope the insurance process goes smoothly and all is right soon.

buzznwoodysmom
12-12-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm so sorry your having to deal with this. Its tough at any time, but this time of the year, of course, is the worst time.

I was in a parking lot accident while my husband was in Iraq last year. It seemed everything that could go wrong while he was gone, did go wrong. Anyway, I thought the whole insurance thing was going to be a pain, but it really wasn't. My insurance called me the very next day to say that the other driver's insurance had already contacted them. I had to go in to fill out a report, and was given all info on where I could bring my SUV for repairs. I needed a new bumper, plus some work on the backside of the vehicle. A small parking lot "bump" ended up with a nice little repair bill, several thousands, but all was covered by the other driver's insurance without any issues. I was also offered a rental at no cost to me, which I declined, since I had DH's vehicle that needed to be used a bit while he was gone anyway. In less than a week all repairs were done! I did have to bring the SUV back in because the new bumper wasn't fully aligned, and that was a bit of a pain, but other than that everything went very smoothly. Good luck!

PirateLover
12-12-2011, 06:54 PM
I am glad you're OK. Dealing with insurance can be such a headache, as are car repairs. I totally hear you about the time of the year. It always seems like things happen when you can least afford them! My husbands brakes started making a grinding noise the other day. They didn't make so much as a peep before that. Turns out, all brake pads needed to be replaced ASAP. Bye bye $600!!!

Ed
12-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Marci, I hope everything goes smoothly and your "ouchies" prove to be minor. :pixie:

If it makes you feel any better, the same thing happened to my DW about 18 months ago.

Twice. :mad:

Within a 15 day period. :eek:

She got the worst of the first one; her one-month-old SUV sustained almost $19K damage, and she had some pretty serious back, neck and shoulder injuries.

15 days later, driving the rental car, she was rear ended again. Relatively minor damage to the car, but it aggravated her prior injuries.

:cop: & :ambal: all over again !

princessgirls
12-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Marci,

So sorry that you had an accident. Oh...not what you needed this month, I'm sure.

Glad that you are doing OK. That is the main thing.

Julie:mickey:

Disney4us2
12-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Just a quick update...

Going to the doctor later about my neck and shoulder pain. I think it was from the seatbelt. It is the left side that hurts.

I have talked with my insurance company and the other drivers insurance company as well.

So far so good. Today the sun is out whooohooo and it is a good start to the day.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Glad you were okay. Yes, the seatbelt will leave you bruised and sore for a few days. A good muscle relaxer will help. I was rear ended a few years ago and that was the only injury I had.

lighteningqueen
12-13-2011, 06:31 PM
I am glad you're OK. Dealing with insurance can be such a headache, as are car repairs. I totally hear you about the time of the year. It always seems like things happen when you can least afford them! My husbands brakes started making a grinding noise the other day. They didn't make so much as a peep before that. Turns out, all brake pads needed to be replaced ASAP. Bye bye $600!!!

Good heavens!! You can get top of the line brake pads for about 60.00 set. What a rip off... My hubby can change them in about 2 hours and all for about $50.00 Boy am I thankful for a husband that can do all things. But 600.00!!!! someone is getting to people out there.

Disney4us2
12-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Just got back from the doctor. It is just the usual stiff neck after an accident. Nothing serious or that requires further medical attention. Yipee... Just take Aleve and use a heating pad.

Called the other driver's insurance company and will go through them. Found out her car was totalled since it was an older car and the repairs are more than the car was worth. Was also told the other driver is not a happy camper, which is understandable.

I take the car into the body shop next Tuesday. The rental has already been arranged for through the other driver's insurance company.

I feel bad for the other driver. I know her rates are going to go up and now she needs another car.... this happening all during the holiday season.

Glad this is not stressing me out that bad.

TinkerbellT421
12-13-2011, 09:50 PM
So glad to hear your atleast physically okay!! the stress of it all though definitely stinks!!

princessgirls
12-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Glad that your injury is not serious Marci!! Also, happy the other driver's insurance has been good to deal with.

No accidents are NEVER fun or come at a good time!!

Julie:mickey:

Disney4us2
12-30-2011, 02:39 PM
I just got back from picking up my car. I am so glad to have it back.:woohoo::yay:

I was given a premium rental car and got a Hyundai Santa Fe SUV. It felt like a monster truck to me after driving a small car (Nissan Versa). I tried to get a smaller car but they couldn't downgrade me.

It took a little over a week to get it all done because of the holidays. I didn't end up getting a new bumper, but a remanufactured one. The car looks brand new. I am a happy camper since it didn't cost me a dime. :spend: The repairs came out to $1089.00 and the car was almost $500.00.

December was not the best month for me/us. The accident and having to deal with my father's illnesses. Glad to put it in the past and move on to a new start in a new year. So looking forward to ending December.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-02-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm glad that things are looking up for you and your father. I hope 2012 is much better!