PDA

View Full Version : Dec. 2011 Trip Report - Lodging

azcavalier
12-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Coronado Springs is where we stayed. First time there. We've stayed at POR the last few years, as we had five. This time we only had four, and decided to step out and try something else.

Loved, loved, loved the beds. Best beds I've ever slept in at Disney. We've stayed at value, mod, and DVC (does that count as deluxe?). These were, by far, the most comfortable.

The room was just like every other mod we've stayed at. The service was fine, but I was disappointed that when they saw there was a child staying in the room that the mousekeeper didn't make any attempt to do something fun, like pose her stuffed animals or make animals out of the towels. Oh well.

The pool was a bit of a disappointment in that it just wasn't that interesting. Yes, there's the huge Mayan temple with water running down the stairs, but after the first time we went swimming, the water effect was off. There were no waterfalls into the pool or anything interactive other than the water slide. I think that POR's pool is more fun. However, that said, I loved that they have a pool party every day at 3pm, even though we never joined in. I love that Coronado Springs has activities directors that try to get guests to join in on activities. Movies by the pool, marshmallow roasting, etc. Fun stuff.

All in all, we did like Coronado Springs, but it didn't overtake POR as our favorite mod.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Thanks for sharing:mickey:

MinnieMommie
12-12-2011, 08:37 PM
We have friends who swear by CS, I'm glad you liked it. The pool party sounds like fun.

January-2007
12-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Thanks for reporting.

Jennifer_and_Chris
12-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the report.

Friends of ours are looking into both your fav POR and CSR. I've been hearing alot of good things about both

:mickey:

faline
12-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Glad you enjoyed your stay at Coronado Springs! It's one of my favorite moderates - the other being Port Orleans French Quarter.

BelleBeauty
12-21-2011, 03:26 PM
I totally agree with you on the mousekeeping and the pool. Mousekeeping was actually down right horrible for us. We didn't even expect the above and beyond playfulness, the basics were barely covered in our room. The pool was kind of eh. Fine, but nothing exciting.