PDA

View Full Version : Dec. 2011 Trip Report - Restaurants

azcavalier
12-12-2011, 10:38 AM
We ate at:

Whispering Canyon Cafe: Service and food were both good, except that obviously some servers buy into the shtick more than others. Many times when they yelled for ketchup, people just sat around looking, and didn't act. I wanted to go grab the ketchup and take it myself.

Akershus: Awesome. Love this Princess Dining experience. I always love what the princesses come up with....when my DD6 stood up to take a picture with Ariel, Ariel freaked out over her shoes. She has light-up "Twinkle Toes" shoes. Ariel couldn't get over the fact that she "had fireworks in her shoes". My daughter also asked for their autographs, and had a set of markers for them to choose. Of course, they all chose "their" color. But Snow White claimed three different colors as her favorite, each one as my daughter proposed them. It was a great interaction.

O'hana: Anyone who complains about the meat being all dried out should have been there with us. The beef was medium, at best. It was all delicious. We didn't get to learn how to hula, though, as they took a long time for the entertainer to come out. We only got to do the coconut race.

Teppan Edo: Food was very good, but the chef didn't really do many "tricks". He did the onion volcano, but that was about it.

Le Cellier (lunch): Just about what we expected. Really good food...too much, actually, but that's our own fault.

Chefs de France: Much like lunch, really good food, but after having eaten lunch at Le Cellier, it was too much. Best French Onion Soup *ever*.

Chef Mickey's: Had never been here for dinner. Food was OK...pasta heavy. But, you don't go here for the food. Interactions with the characters were great. We missed Donald when we were at the buffet, but the server had him come out later just to see us. That was great, as our friend who was with us loves Donald Duck.

Maya Grill: This is where we had Friday night ADRs, and when we showed up, the restaurant was closed due to a gas outage. They couldn't cook anything! So we went to the concierge and scrambled into....

Kouzzina's: This is Iron Chef Cat Cora's restaurant on the Boardwalk. It was late, and we were hungry, as we couldn't get in before 8:10pm. The food was good, but not great, and service was *slow*. We were seated for almost 50 minutes before we got our food. I ordered the greek lasagna, which was much more like a baked spaghetti with a thick layer of Bechamel sauce on top. *super cheesy*. Wow. We have checked it off of our list, but probably won't go back (like Morocco's or Germany's restaurants).

Sci Fi Diner (lunch): We hit this right before we got on the road to come home. Great service. The waiter really bought in to the atmosphere, and it made the experience great. The food was exactly as it always is, good American styel cuisine. I got a burger, as did my DW, and our friend got a Reuben. PB Chocolate cake ala mode to go. Good stuff. Love the Cherry Coke made with real cherry syrup.

We ate at the Pepper Market for breakfast one day. It's now a breakfast buffet, which apparently is a recent change. No more breakfast burritos. Typical buffet, with omelets, waffles, french toast, potatoes, muffins, eggs, etc. The eggs were southwestern, with onions and peppers. It was OK. I'd like to try lunch or dinner there. Still love POR's food court better.

jillluvsdisney
12-12-2011, 04:13 PM
We at dinner at Akershaus last month. It was my Mom's birthday and all the princesses were awesome. Our picture with Belle was great too.

MinnieMommie
12-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Great food for the most part. Sorry about the Maya Grill and then having to wait so long for food . Other than that sounds great!

January-2007
12-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer_and_Chris
12-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the food report... you've hit some of our favorites:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Sounds really good, thanks for sharing:mickey:

pdrlkr
12-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
12-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Thanks for sharing your dining experiences. I'm always interested in what others think about the restaurants, food, and service!

brivers222
12-21-2011, 02:06 PM
Akerhus is by far the best princess interaction... we have only done breakfast there (twice) but it has been amazing both time.

mouseketeer mom
12-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Gawrsh I'm hungrey now!