PDA

View Full Version : Dec. 2011 Trip Report - Parks

azcavalier
12-12-2011, 10:20 AM
We were at WDW from Sat, Dec. 3rd to Sat, Dec. 10. We brought a friend with us who had never been to Florida, much less WDW. We stayed at Coronado Springs for the first time. Here's what we did:

We always park hop. We take advantage of almost all morning EMH, and we eat a lot of dinners in Epcot.

Here's what we *didn't* see at each park this trip:

MK: Astro Orbiter, Dumbo, Aladdin's Carpets, CoP, Hall of Presidents, Country Bears, and Tiki Room. We hit Tomorrowland Speedway for the first time. All in all, got a lot done at MK.

Epcot: Mission: Space and American Adventure. That's it. Hit everything else, rode Soarin' three times. But we were in Epcot at least four times.

DHS: Sounds Dangerous was closed...so do I count that? We never do American Idol or Little Mermaid. Skipped Beauty and the Beast and Tower of Terror (none of us like rides that drop). We did TSM and RnRC four times each. Hit everything else. The new Star Tours is great, but not for those who get motion sick easily. The 3d is crystal clear, and the new story was well done, if chronologically incorrect.

AK: Skipped FOTLK, Rafiki's Planet Watch. Never made it to Flights of Wonder. NOTE: Kilimanjaro Safari animals are indeed more active if you hit it first thing on a day with morning EMH. It was the best trip we've had regarding animal sightings. This time we did the paths (which we had never done before). I missed the Village Beatniks....wish they were still performing.

The parks were busy on the weekend, but during the week was great. We used FPs wisely and never waited more than ten minutes to ride anything, including TSM and Soarin', and we rode both multiple times. Had one cold day where it started around 40 degrees, but warmed up to the 60's. Other than that, the weather was great.

MinnieMommie
12-12-2011, 08:12 PM
What a great trip! Good weather and short wait times. I hope I am as luck as you on our upcoming trip. :mickey:

January-2007
12-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Thank you for reporting.

Jennifer_and_Chris
12-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Sounds like you had a great time....

4 times on TSM? Boy, green with envy ova here!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-13-2011, 07:48 AM
Sounds great, sorry you missed FOTLK though

pdrlkr
12-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
12-18-2011, 03:07 PM
You accomplished a lot in a week!

vizsla
12-19-2011, 05:04 AM
Thanks for the report.

KylesMom
12-20-2011, 11:31 AM
DHS: Sounds Dangerous was closed...so do I count that? I don't think you could count that even if it was open! :D

Sounds like a wonderful trip with low crowds and great company - how fun to take a newbie! Thanks for sharing! :mickey: