PDA

View Full Version : Zawadi's 2011 trip (Final Thoughts)

Zawadi
12-11-2011, 03:31 PM
A strong tail wind allowed the pilot to catch up on the delayed depature so that we landed only 5 minutes late.

Firsts

Quicksilver chauffeur
Citricos
Sci-Fi
Yuletide Fantasy Tour
Free WiFi in YC
Walmart
Driving a Ford Flex

Highlights

Citricos
Breakfast buffet in Captain's Grill (YC)

Lowlights

Time taken to get through immigration
Food quality in Sci-Fi
Time spent in Grand Floridian during Yuletide Tour
Mickey's speedboat has been removed from Fitting & Fairings

All in all a fun full week leaving us to return to work for a rest ;)

Being collected from MCO by a chauffeur eased the pressure of having to drive after the long flight and 5 hour time shift. We'll be doing this again. The Ford Flex had more of a European feel to it (stiffer suspension) so I found it a pleasure to drive.

After travelling to the USA for nearly 20 years, I've never been to a Walmart. Walmart took over ASDA in the UK and built the largest outlet in the UK (at that time) in our town. This outlet is tiny compared to the Walmart on Turkey Lake Road (it's the first time that I've seen groceries and car tyres sold under the same roof)

Overall the food has been excellent. Sci-Fi was a let down whilst Citricos has replaced Le Cellier at the top of our restaurant list.

The free, in resort WiFi, enabled us to record and share our experiences on Intercot via my (not so) smart-phone.

All that remains is for us to sort out the video and photos and plan our return (2 week) trip in Sept 2012.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the report...can't imagine not going to Walmart. They end up with a large chunk of my paycheck every month.:D

Jeff
12-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks for your reports!:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Thanks for your great reports!

I agree about Walmart .. the American Walmarts are very HUGE and interesting places, with tons of stuff we don't get up here!

Glad it was a good trip.

vizsla
12-12-2011, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the report. I really enjoyed reading them.

Jennifer_and_Chris
12-13-2011, 12:12 PM
thank you for the reports! Was great to read right along with you on your vacation.

Walmart is my nemesis.

pdrlkr
12-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
12-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Thanks for your reports!

Citrico's is one of our favorite dining spots. Glad you enjoyed it!