PDA

View Full Version : State room level

waymickey
12-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Does anyone know if the staff on the boats know what state room level you are and treat you differently based on just that info. For example does say someone staying 8th deck verandah room get better treatment then say a person on the 4th deck Verandah or inside state room?
I would assume the answer is definately no but two friends just went on a trip and siad they found small differences in the way they were treated.
ie. where they were seated at dinner, one right by the kitchen at every restuarnt , noisy and some what unattractive area of each restuarnat while the other had great seats.

Scar
12-09-2011, 09:52 AM
I don't know the answer to your question, but it would make sense that people paying more money should get a better table. Certainly whoever makes the assignment would have access to the room level info.

Ed
12-09-2011, 11:01 AM
The one and only time we had a concierge-level suite, we were definitely pampered all week. I don't recall exactly, but I think our KTTWs were gold colored, while "regular" KTTWs were a grey/blue. Somewhat ironically, outside of that experience, we got our very best treatment - great table locations and very likely the best servers on the entire staff - on our first cruise when we were staying way down on deck 1 in the next-to-cheapest stateroom level. :shrug:

So, I really think it's just the luck (or lack thereof) of the draw as to your table location. If anyone feels you have a truly lousy location, you need to speak to the dining manager to try to get it changed.

waymickey
12-09-2011, 12:56 PM
yes I agree that concierge-level suites should definately get top level treatment. I was just wondering if the staff of the ship had any tier level system when it came to deck levels and service. The prices get higher as the decks go up but the rooms don't seem all that different. I would say the big difference is the view. that made me wonder if the added price was just for the view or were there any hidden perks to staying on the highest deck your wallet would allow.

janebanks
12-10-2011, 12:30 PM
The short answer is No, there's no difference. You can get the cheapest cabin on the boat and you'll get the kind of service only Disney can offer.

The Passporter cruise book (where I got most of my DCL info) states that there is NO difference (with the exception, as you all have mentioned, being concierge level) in service among the different cabins and decks.

This is not like cruising of old, where there were 1st, 2nd, and 3rd class passengers.

On our trip on the Dream (which we just returned from) we were on deck 5, kind of mid-level price range, and had the most extremely wonderful outstanding service I've ever had during a Disney vacation. I was just sitting down to write a letter regarding our housekeeping team (specifically our cabin host and his supervisor) and how fantastic they were. I had the best meal of my entire life at Remy, and our wait staff at our rotating restaurants, and the waitstaff at breakfasts were all super great.

I believe we were treated like that because we went out of our way to be friendly, kind, considerate, and ask the cast members about their homes and families. I may have more about that to say if I write a trip report. We were also treated so well because it's Disney! :mickey: