PDA

View Full Version : Traveling single - which resort?

ryca1dreams
12-07-2011, 04:14 PM
If you were to travel single, which resort would you stay at and why?

I'm unsure because, while I like the Poly in itself as a place to relax, it's hard to justify spending the $$$ for just me. WL and POFQ would be my other considerations. Any thoughts?

MOJoe
12-07-2011, 04:57 PM
WL would be good. But for just me, i prefer to be in the Epcot/Studios area. So the Swan and Dolphin would be just right. :mickey:

Seasonscraps
12-08-2011, 11:37 AM
I was thinking Epcot area also - there's so much right there. If I was alone, I'd like having so many options without having to get on a bus or boat.

DVC2004
12-08-2011, 11:55 AM
I would also say Epcot area- Swan and Dolphin aren't my favorites but more priced like a Mod. So much activity there and you can stroll around. Also I think Wilderness Lodge would be nice.

Dopey's Girl
12-08-2011, 12:44 PM
I have done solo trips at the various levels, but I much preferred my time at the deluxe. The inside hallways just made me feel safer when I was out alone late at night.

My next solo trip is going to be at Beach Club, mainly because I spend so much time at Epcot!

mydisneygirls
12-08-2011, 10:59 PM
I would say WL. The resort is one of my favorites. The lobby is amazing and depending on the time of year you are going, you can sit in front of the huge fireplace in the lobby and have a drink, read a book or people watch. There are also hot tubs by the pool that you can relax in at night. Also, every night there is the parade in the lagoon to watch. Hands down, WL!!!!

ibrowse17
12-08-2011, 11:26 PM
I am making my first solo trip in Feb, and picked POFQ. I have stayed there before, and enjoyed the smaller size and atmosphere.:thumbsup:

minnie-mouse
12-09-2011, 10:12 AM
I agree, Epcot area would be fun, you could walk arounf Boardwalk at night, have tons of restaurants around with Dolphin/Swan, Yeacht & Beach Club. Lots to do!

BrerGnat
12-09-2011, 10:17 AM
I'd go with one of the Epcot resorts as well. They are all good, IMO.

Jennifer_and_Chris
12-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Where will you spend more of your time?

I would be at Epcot. If left to myself, I would be there almost every evening.

I would do deluxe. As someone else said, I would feel more comfortable and safe with inside doors. I already jump up at every little sound when on the road by myself. I would be even more jumpy if I was staying by myself in an outside door resort.

However, I wouldn't pay extra for the view. I'd be by myself and able to stay out as long as I want. I'd be on my own sleep schedule (not the kids' schedule). I'd be able to eat when my stomach calls....

I think I just talked myself into adding a solo trip to my bucket list. :D