PDA

View Full Version : What Resort Are You Staying At?

Buttercup
12-06-2011, 11:24 PM
I know, I know, we're not calling it "LMNOP" anymore! :D But it takes up less space in the title!

So... if you're going to the Intercot Anniversary next October, what resort are you staying at?

My sister and I are trying to decide where to stay for the festivities! We'll be there in January and want to book a bounceback offer for October before we leave.

Where do you suggest? Should we splurge and stay somewhere nice? (The rates seem crazy high to me though - probably because I'm used to travelling in Value season) Or, should we just stay at a cheaper resort since we probably won't be spending much time in our room?

Where are you staying? It might be nice to know who's staying where for potential meet-ups!

Melanie
12-07-2011, 06:42 AM
ICOT15 is short. ;)

There is a similar thread around here somewhere. Seems most folks were wanting to stay in the Epcot Resort area, since a lot of our activities are around there.

disneymom15
12-07-2011, 09:32 AM
We're booked at Bay Lakes Tower.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-07-2011, 09:44 AM
We've booked at POFQ, just can't justify the price of a deluxe ... but who cares, we'll at Disney with whole bunch of Intercot friends! :thumbsup:

Disney4us2
12-07-2011, 02:13 PM
We will probably be at All Star Movies for 2 or 3 nights. Then on to a DVC Villa... don't know which one yet. I have to book it at 7 months out. Hoping for Beach Club or Boardwalk (not a good chance at 7 months) or AKL or OKW.

Dopey's Girl
12-07-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm thinking Beach Club...I have been dying to stay there. ICOT15 seems like a good excuse to splurge!

AvaNellMouse
12-07-2011, 08:15 PM
We've booked at POFQ, just can't justify the price of a deluxe ... but who cares, we'll be at Disney with whole bunch of Intercot friends! :thumbsup:

While I would love to go "home" to AKL... we will be at POFQ, too! Only 300 and some days to go!!
:high5:

Buttercup
12-08-2011, 07:36 PM
We're going from the Thursday the 25th to Monday the 29th... so what's that? Four nights?
I think to justify that I'm going with my sister, and not my husband, I'll opt for a Value resort. It'll take away some of my guilt for not bringing my kids. :D

Besides, without kids there with me, that means Momma can go enjoy some late nights!!! :marg::beer: I don't anticipate being in my room very much since I intend to make very good use of this trip!!!

Anyone wanna join me over at the Values???:cool:

dlpmikki
12-10-2011, 03:01 AM
I've booked OKW for now but hope to get an Epcot one at 7 months. Can't wait!

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-11-2011, 07:56 AM
While I would love to go "home" to AKL... we will be at POFQ, too! Only 300 and some days to go!!
:high5:

Yea!!! More Intercotee's for beignets! :eat:

AvaNellMouse
12-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Yea!!! More Intercotee's for beignets! :eat:

Take heed my friend!

(Beignets + Chicory Coffe) + (EMH + Space Mountain) = :ack:

'learned that one the hard way. :blush:

This time I will enjoy the goodies on the non-MK mornings. I am super excited there will be several of us at POFQ. It's going to be a great trip!

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-11-2011, 08:58 PM
We'll have to arrange a late-night food court run ... as to ensure we avoid any moring :ack: ;)

AvaNellMouse
12-24-2011, 01:53 PM
Ten very short months to late night goodies!!!

Katzateer
12-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Pop

TracyL
01-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Over on the other thread about this meet, I suggested that we declare an "unofficial official" I15 resort in each category. Right now it looks like most of the deluxe and DVC folks are aiming for EPCOT corridor, those planning a mod are headed to POFQ, and many value folks are going to ASMO.

So while obviously you can stay wherever, it's looking like those will be the concentrations of people. DVCers unable to get into BW/BC might want to try for OKW-- somewhat lower demand and next door to Port Orleans where the mod squad will be....

brownie
01-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Pop

Pop Century for me, too.

Buttercup
01-26-2012, 02:29 PM
We're staying at AllStar Sports. Never stayed there before, and since we're only there for a couple nights, we thought we'd give it a whirl. Not expecting much, but then we can check it off the list of places we've stayed!

NJGIRL
01-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Since we are going to Yellowstone in Aug, I think for this trip we will have to go for a more affordable hotel or use our timeshare. We don't care for the buses so we will probably rent a car also. We are probably staying an extra day to attend the Halloween Party at Universal so we will need a car anyway.

JPL
01-27-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm most likely staying at AKL but not 100% sure depends on availability:mickey:

Ian
01-27-2012, 02:56 PM
I'm 99% certain I'll end up at either BCV or BWV. Seems like the Epcot area is going to be the place to be for this one! :cool:

Yungbuck73
01-27-2012, 06:51 PM
We were thinking of staying at Contemp for 1st time but now reading that most people are thinking of Epcot area, I dont know. we have nevre stayed at a Deluxe before and want to move up from value. What moderate in the area is good??

Dopey's Girl
01-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Just booked at Beach Club!

Melanie
01-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Just booked at Beach Club!

Nice!

Dopey's Girl
01-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Nice!

I'm really excited! Nothing like booking the next trip while on the boat from POR to DD!

brivers222
01-30-2012, 01:49 PM
its looking more and more like we will be staying just offsite on international drive at The Fountains.

Can't justify paying a transfer fee to stay onsite in a 1bdrm when we can stay about 10miles away in a 2bdrm free

MN_Rose
01-31-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm thinking we're going to do POR, Alligator Bayou. Love the pools. Count me in for the beignet run!

Ian
02-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Booked! John and I are gonna be at Bay Lake. :thumbsup:

Ed
02-12-2012, 09:39 PM
I'm 99% certain I'll end up at either BCV or BWV. Seems like the Epcot area is going to be the place to be for this one! :cool:

Certainty is highly overrated, huh ? ;)

We're still debating whether to stay on property or commute from home.

AgentC
02-24-2012, 10:17 AM
I am having massive indecision about where to stay. Anyone planning to stay at the Polynesian or the Yacht Club?

I was going to book the Yacht Club because we love it there, but I know we will be going back in December and might stay at the Yacht Club then.

disneymom15
02-24-2012, 12:41 PM

Excellent, we're staying there too. Can't wait to meet you guys.

dlpmikki
02-24-2012, 04:37 PM
I am currently one person enjoying all the space of a 1 bed at OKW. Still undecided what to do at the 7 month reservation date!

BriarRose0708
02-24-2012, 04:58 PM
I am currently one person enjoying all the space of a 1 bed at OKW. Still undecided what to do at the 7 month reservation date!

I'll take up some space for you Mikki!

Katzateer
02-24-2012, 05:09 PM
We are at POP. My first choice would be the Poly. :cloud9:

NJGIRL
02-24-2012, 05:16 PM
We are thinking about the Dolphin.

Any thoughts on this hotel?

How far is the walk to EPCOT?

Dopey's Girl
02-24-2012, 09:40 PM
We are thinking about the Dolphin.

Any thoughts on this hotel?

How far is the walk to EPCOT?

I loved the dolphin. The beds were awesome and the room was really cozy. I walked one day, it wasn't bad, but we had little kids (and rented Disney strollers) with so we boated to Epcot most of the time.

NJGIRL
02-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Thanks Meg!

Dopey's Girl
02-26-2012, 06:06 PM
Thanks Meg!

You're welcome! We had a view of DHS...got to see The Osbourn Lights come on each night. It was pretty stinking cool!

Melanie
02-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Rita, I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Dolphin. Can't beat the location and the rooms and ammenities are awesome.

KarenP
02-29-2012, 04:43 PM
I am thinking either Poly or GF for me!

TikiGoddess
03-03-2012, 03:05 PM
If I go, Mousefever and I will be sharing a room at Pop. We won't be in the room much, and Pop has the best buses of the value resorts.

Now to convince my husband to watch the children while I traipse off to WDW for that weekend...

:D
Kathy

AgentC
03-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Finally stopped being indecisive and booked Yacht Club.

Ed
03-20-2012, 09:15 AM
We've decided to stay on-property rather than just commute from home, but we're still deciding between (1) Kidani [one of our 'home' resorts] (2) Beach Club, or (3) Bay Lake. Kidani we can book right now; the other two in another week. Decisions, decisions, decisions..... :shrug:

Lizzy
03-22-2012, 04:04 PM
I have already talked Scott into taking me in May this year (we just had to use up the FL resident 3 day passes before they expire) so I am in the processes of devising a plan to get him to take me to the Dolphin (or Swan) in October. If I make it that is where I will most likely stay, as Scott is totally unimpressed with Disney hotel rooms, even the delux

NJGIRL
03-23-2012, 02:30 PM
I am in the processes of devising a plan to get him to take me to the Dolphin (or Swan) in October. If I make it that is where I will most likely stay, as Scott is totally unimpressed with Disney hotel rooms, even the delux

I have to agree with Scott, while I think the Disney deluxe hotel themes and common areas are wonderful I don't think that the price they charge for the rooms are worth it. The rooms are just average hotel rooms nothing special. If we are able to go we are looking to stay at the Dolphin or Swan also.

dlpmikki
03-26-2012, 04:03 PM
I couldn't get Beach Club so I have Boardwalk for the weekend. Downside no stormalong bay, upside I have never stayed there before.

Katzateer
03-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Changed from POP to Animation!!!!:woohoo:

Imalismom
03-31-2012, 12:36 AM
Booked Wilderness Lodge today -- now waiting for AP rates/Florida rates to make those rooms be more affordable

MinnieMommie
03-31-2012, 09:51 AM
Finally booked. Split stay with weekend at BCV and then onto BLT for the rest of the week. :mickey:

TikiGoddess
04-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Changed from POP to Animation!!!!:woohoo:

I think Mousefever and I will be joining you at Animation. Same price as Pop, and it will be great to see the new resort.

Kathy

TiggeRia
04-01-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm in for the Swan...looking forward to staying at a new resort and right by EPCOT. And of course meeting new people! :mickey:

Melanie
04-01-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm in for the Swan...looking forward to staying at a new resort and right by EPCOT. And of course meeting new people! :mickey:

The Swan is a great resort, and definitely right in the middle of things. I think you'll enjoy it! :thumbsup: We were considering it until an opportunity with DVC and BLT came up.

Not2Loud
04-06-2012, 01:10 AM
I booked a bounce back rate for the weekend at Boardwalk. I was amazed at the price, half of what I paid for ICOT10!

JPL
04-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Booked at AKL Jambo House :mickey:

Jared
04-29-2012, 10:58 PM
Booked at AKL Jambo House :mickey:
I know who I'm crashing with. ;)

Buttercup
05-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Wahoo! Jennsky and I just changed our reservation from AS Sports to the Contemporary! We figured we would probably appreciate the monorail since we won't have our car there.... :thumbsup:

jennsky
05-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Clicking my heels! So happy to be staying now at the Contemporary! Bring on October!! :number1:

Melanie
05-24-2012, 07:32 PM
Wahoo! Jennsky and I just changed our reservation from AS Sports to the Contemporary! We figured we would probably appreciate the monorail since we won't have our car there.... :thumbsup:

Clicking my heels! So happy to be staying now at the Contemporary! Bring on October!! :number1:

Woot! That's quite an upgrade. :thumbsup:

We'll be right next door at BLT. I'm sure we'll cross paths. :)

Buttercup
05-24-2012, 09:40 PM
Woot! That's quite an upgrade. :thumbsup:

We'll be right next door at BLT. I'm sure we'll cross paths. :)
Yeah, we figured we'd splurge for a couple of days since we always stay at Values and Moderates when we travel with our kids... don't tell our husbands what we're spending while we're on vacation! lol :secret: :D:D:D

NJGIRL
05-27-2012, 10:36 PM
I just booked CSR. Anyone else staying there?

dlpmikki
06-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Ok slight change of plans. Staying at OKW until Thursday 25th. Booked BLT for Friday 26th and then moving to BWV for the rest of the weekend. Figured BLT would be convenient for MNSSHP (must buy ticket!)

Jared
06-14-2012, 08:48 PM
My plans are still in flux depending on who comes with me. Right now, I am planning to stay at the BoardWalk with a fellow INTERCOT member.

BriarRose0708
06-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Don't know yet, but if anyone is looking for a roommate please PM me. I am thinking Pop, Animation or Coronado.

Mitzie
06-25-2012, 11:56 AM
We are so excited..doing a split between POFQ and YC..both new to us! We are coming in on the 25th and leaving the 29th. I tried to add the new trip to the bottom of my signature and I couldn't. Any tech help would be appreciated.

SBETigg
07-02-2012, 09:59 AM
I'm now most likely attending, and probably by myself instead of with husband. I'm a deluxe girl but trying to keep costs down and debating options. Value resort, POFQ, or Dolphin- I'm looking into all three but leaning toward the Dolphin because a) I have stayed there and liked it and b) location. But maybe it's a good chance to get out of my deluxe box and try something totally new to me. A value resort could be a fun new experience.

hoop de do
07-02-2012, 11:56 AM
My DW and I are at POP.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jared
07-03-2012, 11:26 AM
I'm now most likely attending, and probably by myself instead of with husband. I'm a deluxe girl but trying to keep costs down and debating options. Value resort, POFQ, or Dolphin- I'm looking into all three but leaning toward the Dolphin because a) I have stayed there and liked it and b) location. But maybe it's a good chance to get out of my deluxe box and try something totally new to me. A value resort could be a fun new experience.
The Swan and Dolphin are fantastic choices. They're in a great location, have wonderful restaurants and the amenities far surpass anything Disney offers. You won't have the Disney theming, but that's about it.

SBETigg
07-03-2012, 11:43 AM
The Swan and Dolphin are fantastic choices. They're in a great location, have wonderful restaurants and the amenities far surpass anything Disney offers. You won't have the Disney theming, but that's about it.

Thanks, Jared. I am leaning that way. The location for the price is hard to beat.

TracyL
07-03-2012, 02:42 PM
The Swolphin is nice, and there are bargains to be had there with Starwood promotions especially if you are an SPG member and stay in Starwood hotels other places.

We had phoned-in service at the ice cream parlor there, and you do have to watch out for nickels and dimes (they charge for parking, which you won't be used to if you normally stay at Disney owned hotels). Overall though, it's a fine hotel if that's the experience you're looking for.

I stay at Starwoods in other cities a few times a year, so when I'm staying on Disney property I personally want something more "Disney." That said, the Swolphin is certainly the Disneyest Starwood you'll ever see!!!

:mickey:

Darbylew
07-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Staying at Port Orleans French Quarter in October. Can't wait to back in the land of Mickey and the Magic. :mickey:

BriarRose0708
07-09-2012, 12:15 PM
I am at Pop! Thanks to Wendy at MJ for bein amazing and I am really excited to see her and all the ladies at Magical Journeys in October!

PirateLover
07-10-2012, 01:17 AM
We stayed at Dolphin last summer with the teacher discount. Great location at a great price! I would stay there again, although I definitely missed that Disney "vibe." We are really number crunching and will probably make our decision in the next day or two. Right now we are definitely leaning more towards coming. I think we will end up in a value. We have stayed at Pop 2x and ASMusic. Wondering if we should switch it up... last time we stayed at Pop our room was in desperate need of refurbishment, but that was in 2007. Have they done a refurb since then?

PirateLover
07-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Well, we decided we are coming! This will be our last big expenditure for a while. We still have not settled on which value we'll be at just yet, but we'll be there!:mickey:

Mousefever
07-12-2012, 12:25 AM
Well, we decided we are coming! This will be our last big expenditure for a while. We still have not settled on which value we'll be at just yet, but we'll be there!:mickey:

A free dining package will be available for the general public starting tomorrow I think. No paying for food!! I hope that helps your bottom line!

I look forward to meeting you, Maryanne!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-12-2012, 11:34 AM
We rebooked with free dining, but it means we had to change from our loved FQ to POR. Oh well, at least we can still visit!

TikiGoddess
07-12-2012, 12:13 PM
We rebooked with free dining, but it means we had to change from our loved FQ to POR. Oh well, at least we can still visit!

Mousefever and I are now at Pop Century for free dining!

Kathy

PirateLover
07-14-2012, 06:56 PM
A free dining package will be available for the general public starting tomorrow I think. No paying for food!! I hope that helps your bottom line!

I look forward to meeting you, Maryanne!
:thumbsup: We got the free dining when we booked because we are Visa cardholders! I was VERY happy to hear that news!

Jared
07-15-2012, 10:15 PM
I'm currently booked at French Quarter, but I'm still counting on Annual Passholder discounts, which could change my plans.

TheSorcererofFantasia
07-18-2012, 09:18 AM
We are booked at our home resort, AKL Kidani, in a two bedroom villa for the first week and a studio for the second.

Our daughter Amanda is only a possibility now as she took a new temp job that took her to PA for a few months. Could be just Peter and I in a two bedroom unit. :blush:

JMTStone
08-28-2012, 02:59 PM
I know its been FOREVER since I've been on.

But, thanks to Denise at Magical Journeys, we will be there for the 25th through the 28th.

We had already booked MNSSHP before knowing there would be a meet on the 26th (we are going on the 25th).

We are leaving DD Taylor 19 at home to be a college student :drama:but here are the rest of us:

Jon DH 52
Mel ME 42
Mackenzie DD 10

We are staying at the Lion King Family Suite at Art of Animation. So excited. :cloud9:

I'll be looking through the treads and dreaming a lot. I think this trip marks our 20th (WOW).

SBETigg
08-28-2012, 03:32 PM
I haven't booked yet! I'm definitely coming. I've got my MNSSHP ticket for Oct 26 and booked my Living Seas/Norway meet. Check! I just need to decide where I'm going to stay, and I'd better move on that. I hope to arrive on the 24th and my planner tells me that is 57 days away.

AgentC
08-28-2012, 03:45 PM
I haven't booked yet! I'm definitely coming. I've got my MNSSHP ticket for Oct 26 and booked my Living Seas/Norway meet. Check! I just need to decide where I'm going to stay, and I'd better move on that. I hope to arrive on the 24th and my planner tells me that is 57 days away.

Yay Sherri!

BriarRose0708
08-28-2012, 04:08 PM

Wahoo! I am so excited to meet you!

SBETigg
08-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Yay Sherri!

Wahoo! I am so excited to meet you!

Thanks Cindy and Nikki! I'm excited to meet you and everyone in person at last, too.

SBETigg
09-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Have MNSSHP ticket, check. Signed up for ICOT meets, check. Just booked my flight, check! I'm coming early on Wednesday October 24 and leaving October 29 on a 6 pm flight (so I don't have to get up to get a flight at the crack of dawn on Monday or run out early on Sunday).

I'm about to book Pop for my stay. I'm only torn on dining plans. There's not much difference between no plan, free quick service plan, and an upgrade to table service dining plan. So I'm doing the math. I only have table service plans for two nights so far and the tea doesn't take dining plan, so I am thinking I'll go quick service plan. Decisions, decisions.

My first value stay! I'm so excited! And a lot of you are at Pop, so we're going to have a good time. Only downside so far, my husband was just pouting because I opted for the later flight to come home. "Aren't you going to miss me?" Um... yeah, but...

And Cindy, somehow I always forget that I've met you. Not that I forget you, but it's like there's a mental disconnect between NEC Cindy and FL/INTERCOT Cindy. I'll get to put the two Cindys together again when I see you. :)

BriarRose0708
09-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Have MNSSHP ticket, check. Signed up for ICOT meets, check. Just booked my flight, check! I'm coming early on Wednesday October 24 and leaving October 29 on a 6 pm flight (so I don't have to get up to get a flight at the crack of dawn on Monday or run out early on Sunday).

I'm about to book Pop for my stay. I'm only torn on dining plans. There's not much difference between no plan, free quick service plan, and an upgrade to table service dining plan. So I'm doing the math. I only have table service plans for two nights so far and the tea doesn't take dining plan, so I am thinking I'll go quick service plan. Decisions, decisions.

My first value stay! I'm so excited! And a lot of you are at Pop, so we're going to have a good time. Only downside so far, my husband was just pouting because I opted for the later flight to come home. "Aren't you going to miss me?" Um... yeah, but...

And Cindy, somehow I always forget that I've met you. Not that I forget you, but it's like there's a mental disconnect between NEC Cindy and FL/INTERCOT Cindy. I'll get to put the two Cindys together again when I see you. :)

POP is great, and I know you're a deluxe gal at heart but I think you're going to enjoy it. Plus, so many awesome people are staying at Pop and A0A !

Buf If you're missing the GFlo so muc, Sunday night I have a dinner ADR at Grand Floridian Cafe at 6:40. It's for two but I had planned on dining solo. You're welcome to the other chair at my table!

DisneyGirl85
09-13-2012, 01:22 PM
My first value stay! I'm so excited! And a lot of you are at Pop, so we're going to have a good time.

Its my first time at POP/a value resort too! I hope its a good experience for the both of us!!:thumbsup:

Niecyboo
09-13-2012, 04:24 PM
My DH and I will be at Pop too. No kids this trip.

AgentC
09-13-2012, 04:50 PM

Well, NEC was probably longer ago than either one of us want to claim. :D

And I totally understand the NEC/INTERCOT thing. I lurked here for years and never realized I knew you until I saw you on Twitter. Such a small world! I am really looking forward to meeting everyone too. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
09-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Buf If you're missing the GFlo so muc, Sunday night I have a dinner ADR at Grand Floridian Cafe at 6:40. It's for two but I had planned on dining solo. You're welcome to the other chair at my table!

Thanks Nikki! I'm thinking about it. If I decide to go with the table service dining, I would love to dine with you. But I'm also considering trying Artist's Point that night or the Wave-- two that are new to me. No idea if I could snag an ADR this late. I will let you know. Let me know if you're up for switching to one of the others, too.

Mousefever
09-14-2012, 04:33 PM
One of the pros of the quick service plan: you can apparently break down quick meals into snack credits for the Food and Wine Fest.

Amy

SBETigg
09-14-2012, 07:50 PM
One of the pros of the quick service plan: you can apparently break down quick meals into snack credits for the Food and Wine Fest.

Amy

Yeah, that might come in handy. I'm leaning that way now.

BriarRose0708
10-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Today's my 10-day window for online check in, and I just did! :yay::joy::clappy:

Dopey's Girl
10-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Today's my 10-day window for online check in, and I just did! :yay::joy::clappy:

YIPPEE!!!! That is such a fun day. Mine is Monday!

mariak
10-13-2012, 03:45 PM
Woo hoo! Mine is Monday too....Beach Club, here we come!

Maria

Dopey's Girl
10-13-2012, 04:34 PM

Maria

Hi Beach Club neighbor!! :hi: Can't wait to check in and hit Stormalong Bay!!!

Imalismom
10-13-2012, 09:53 PM

Maria

So is mine :mickey: