PDA

View Full Version : Eleven Days out and Packet Isn't Here

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-06-2011, 09:06 AM
I'm getting a little nervous about my travel packet. We leave on the 17th and I still don't have it. Karen at MJ said Disney is sending them later and later and they haven't even gotten it yet.:(

Tink1
12-06-2011, 09:45 AM
We have been complaining about the new third party printer as well! It was soooo much better when Disney printed their own.

The documents used to come about 3.5 weeks ahead of time. They now come 2 weeks and this time of year it is an issue (holiday mail).

Really, we get them out as soon as we possibley can, we do not want them hanging around.

Hopefully, once they make the switch over this will correct itself.

In the meantime, Karen will send them ASAP. Technically, there is nothing in the packet you need to check in. Everything is in the computer system, you do not even have to show your documents.

Nanc

SBETigg
12-06-2011, 09:58 AM
This sort of thing always makes me nervous, too. Though, of course, everything will work out with or without it. I hope they fix the problem, and I hope your packet comes soon.

brivers222
12-06-2011, 10:00 AM
we got ours a little while ago... i agree, there is nothing in the packet that is "needed" just more like a summary of your trip and those eye crossing luggage tags haha

but the packet in the mail does make it feel like your trip is right around the corner

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-06-2011, 10:21 AM
We have been complaining about the new third party printer as well! It was soooo much better when Disney printed their own.

The documents used to come about 3.5 weeks ahead of time. They now come 2 weeks and this time of year it is an issue (holiday mail).

Really, we get them out as soon as we possibley can, we do not want them hanging around.

Hopefully, once they make the switch over this will correct itself.

In the meantime, Karen will send them ASAP. Technically, there is nothing in the packet you need to check in. Everything is in the computer system, you do not even have to show your documents.

Nanc

Thanks for the update:)

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-06-2011, 10:21 AM
This sort of thing always makes me nervous, too. Though, of course, everything will work out with or without it. I hope they fix the problem, and I hope your packet comes soon.

Thanks, me too:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-06-2011, 10:22 AM
we got ours a little while ago... i agree, there is nothing in the packet that is "needed" just more like a summary of your trip and those eye crossing luggage tags haha

but the packet in the mail does make it feel like your trip is right around the corner

good to know we can check in without it, still I kind of like those luggage tags:)

buzznwoodysmom
12-06-2011, 10:50 AM
We are arriving in WDW on the 20th and my packet came in yesterday.

Tink1
12-06-2011, 11:11 AM
good to know we can check in without it, still I kind of like those luggage tags:)

I tend to leave mine sitting on the dining room table. I always intend to grab them as I walk out the door and then I just space it.

So from first hand experience I can tell you that you do not need the documents.

Nanc

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-06-2011, 11:12 AM

Wow, okay maybe ours will come soon.

BelleBeauty
12-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Don't worry, we left Thursday November 17th and I don't think the packet got in until Monday. And to be honest, we didn't need them at all...

Tink1
12-06-2011, 11:17 AM

They used to come in order, we would get them for May 30th on May 2, May 31 on on May 3rd etc. We could predict when a set of docs would arrive when Disney themselves printed. The only time they would be delayed printing was when payment was not made in full at the 45 day mark. Once paid they went into queue and printed the next cycle.

Now, they come in helter skelter with no rhyme or reason. The only change is the 3rd party printer, so that has to be the problem.

I have been sending complaints about this to them. We want them here and gone ASAP.

Nanc

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Hopefully, they will start listening:blush:

buzznwoodysmom
12-06-2011, 02:04 PM
I wonder if they are sending them out according to date they are paid off rather than date of travel? Like once the package is paid off the documents go into a queue and are mailed from that queue closer to date of travel. Just a thought.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-06-2011, 02:19 PM
I wonder if they are sending them out according to date they are paid off rather than date of travel? Like once the package is paid off the documents go into a queue and are mailed from that queue closer to date of travel. Just a thought.

I paid mine in full the first week I booked it. That was in February. Don't think that's it. I think its like she said a new company is doing it. Sounds like they need someone else.

buzznwoodysmom
12-06-2011, 05:09 PM
I paid mine in full the first week I booked it. That was in February. Don't think that's it. I think its like she said a new company is doing it. Sounds like they need someone else.

OK then its definitely not that. I paid mine in full about a month before final payment was due.

I wish Disney would quit using third party companies. We noticed a decrease in service with housekeeping when they started using an outside company. I had never had a single complaint about housekeeping until they starting "hiring out". Since then I've never been 100% satisfied with housekeeping, and on some trips housekeeping was downright awful. Wish Disney would do its own work to maintain customer satisfaction.

disneyfan328
12-06-2011, 06:40 PM
what about magic express tags and anything like the coupons for free picture or mini golf game etc.? aren't all of those things in the packet? I thought i would have mine soon but we don't leave until 1/6 so I guess with xmas in there I am going to be sweating it!!!

Tink1
12-06-2011, 08:34 PM
what about magic express tags and anything like the coupons for free picture or mini golf game etc.? aren't all of those things in the packet? I thought i would have mine soon but we don't leave until 1/6 so I guess with xmas in there I am going to be sweating it!!!

There is no free picture included in the regular Magic Your Way packages for 2011 or 2012.

The mini-golf is not per person, it is one per room. You pay for the rest of the people going to mini-golf (which is how they make money on a "freebie")

For clients that need the coupons, we make arrangements.

Nanc

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-07-2011, 08:21 AM
OK then its definitely not that. I paid mine in full about a month before final payment was due.

I wish Disney would quit using third party companies. We noticed a decrease in service with housekeeping when they started using an outside company. I had never had a single complaint about housekeeping until they starting "hiring out". Since then I've never been 100% satisfied with housekeeping, and on some trips housekeeping was downright awful. Wish Disney would do its own work to maintain customer satisfaction.

Didn't know they were doing this and that would explain a lot...I saw a post on here a few weeks ago that someone caught mousekeeping stealing from them. This has been unheard previously.

Tink1
12-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Yahoo!

Documents arrived and are already on their way to clients.

Nanc

disneyfan328
12-07-2011, 05:11 PM
I wasn't sure what all was included for 2011 or 2012 just going by what we got last time.

What about the ME tags? do we need to be concerened. I mean I will give it more time before I "panic" about it - we leave in 29 days! yay!

Tink1
12-07-2011, 05:38 PM
I wasn't sure what all was included for 2011 or 2012 just going by what we got last time.

What about the ME tags? do we need to be concerened. I mean I will give it more time before I "panic" about it - we leave in 29 days! yay!

They are changing the way they do that too! That we were at least warned about.

While ours are "supposed" to go directly to the clients, they have been messing that up as well.

Nanc

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-08-2011, 07:53 AM
Yahoo!

Documents arrived and are already on their way to clients.

Nanc

Woohoo, got notification from Karen yesterday mine is in the mail.:thumbsup:

badkitty
12-08-2011, 01:30 PM
For my last trip, my ME packet never arrived. I called Disney and since we were arriving late and had to transport our own bags, I just needed to provide my reservation number to the ME desk when I arrived at MCO. It was very quick.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Good to know...I like collecting the luggage tags, that's the main reason I am looking forward to ours