PDA

View Full Version : Zawadi's 2011 trip (day 3 Dec 05)

Zawadi
12-05-2011, 10:50 PM
This morning we had a breakfast 0730 ADR @ Captain's Grill. We both went for the buffet. I had to asked where the nearest restrooms were. Server said go out "that" door and next to Yachtsman Steakhouse. Door! What door? A gentleman on the table behind me said "Let a blind man show you the way." Yes his vision was severly impared.

Walked from YC lobby to front gates of Epcot in 17mins. Nobody around. Signed in for tour and boarded a coach that took us backstage behind Germany. Walked onstage and we were told stories of Christmas traditions of Germany, Italy, America & Japan. Rejoined the coach behind Morocco.

Next stop MK. Materialised onset by the firestation in Town Sq. Told about Walt's love of Christmas and reminded that he would have been 110 today. The Christmas tree will be moved back to the square this week now that the filming is over.

Zawadi
12-05-2011, 11:01 PM
(Phone doesn't like scrolling in the post edit window so continuation post required)

We walked down Main St. Going backstage just before the Noodle Station. Boarded the coach and set of for the GF to see the influences of Queen Victoria. More facts & figures wrt GF's gingerbread house. To survive 6wks the house is sprayed with bug spay & preservative. Don't be tempted to try a shingle.

Final stop was "holiday seasons" warehouse behind the monorail depot. This is where the Christmas decorations are stored, constructed & repaired. A bit empty at the moment as it's all onset.

Zawadi
12-05-2011, 11:15 PM
That was the Yuletide tour. We were returned to Epcot & given a special pin.

We the went on Spaceship Earth and had a few more Beverlys. Some girls told me not to try it;)

The answer to Faline's question is yes we do like the Beverly Italian drink.

We returned to the YC about 1345 and got some drinks and ice cream cups from Beaches & Cream.

It was then off to AK to see the parade and have dinner in Yak & Yetti at 1645. We wanted to get to MK to see the parade at 1900. Fastest rout was a bus to Contemporary.

In MK watched the Electric Parade, 4x on Buzz, IASW & PoC before bailing out at 2200 to retire for the night.

Another good day in WDW :mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
12-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Thanks for sharing on the go!:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the report, the tour sounds interesting.:)

hoop de do
12-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Keep em' comin'. Keep em' comin'.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jennifer_and_Chris
12-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Love the description of the tour.

One day we'll do tours. Our kids are just too young to appreciate it now.

Sounds like a great time! You hit all the parks in 1 day. And got home at a decent hour. :D

Can't wait to hear more.

faline
12-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the information about the tour!

Guess folks would be disappointed if they tried to "trick" you into trying Bevely!! :D

KylesMom
12-06-2011, 03:39 PM
The tour sounds great - how cool to travel back behind the scenes of so many different places. Yes, it most certainly was another good day! Thanks for all the details! :mickey:

Joannelet
12-06-2011, 04:38 PM
The tour sounds neat! Did you think it was worth it? What is the pin like that they gave you? I was dissapointed because in Oct we did the behind the seeds tour and was hoping for a pin afterwards but they don't give one out for that tour. :(
I can't believe I actually hear someone likes the beverly! Your tastebuds are very brave! :)

pdrlkr
12-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

disney obsessed
12-06-2011, 06:12 PM
I also love the beverly. It reminds me of a good gin and tonic.

When I was 15 I went to DW with the high school band. We marched in a parade. Started by Splash and ended by the fire station on Main St. It was really cool to be behind the scenes. I remember driving thru orange groves to get there, getting dressed in a trailer and lots of characters. Some fully dressed, some without their heads. Boy, if i knew then what I know now....

Zawadi
12-06-2011, 11:13 PM
The tour sounds neat! Did you think it was worth it? What is the pin like that they gave you? I was dissapointed because in Oct we did the behind the seeds tour and was hoping for a pin afterwards but they don't give one out for that tour. :(
I can't believe I actually hear someone likes the beverly! Your tastebuds are very brave! :)

Was the tour worth it? The GF was a waste since you could do it by yourself. The MK did not need to be there. All the facts wrt parade taping & the tree could be given on the coach.

I would have preferred behind the scenes of Osbourne Lights.

vizsla
12-07-2011, 05:00 AM
Thanks for the report.

badkitty
12-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Wow! Sounds like a lot of fun. Did you enjoy the tour?

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup: