PDA

View Full Version : Photo Pass picture for Christmas card

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-05-2011, 01:33 PM
I have a coworker who ordered a couple of pictures frorm the Photo pass website from her trip 2 weeks ago. She wanted to take them and have Christmas cards made using one of the pictures but the picture place at CVS told her that she can't do that because it's copyrighted. Is this true? If so, how can she get it done? I thought once you bought the picture(s) they were yours to do what you want with them. Please help?

brownie
12-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Unless otherwise specified, the photographer or the photographer's employer keeps the copyright to pictures. You'd have to get permission or get the photo cards from the photographer or from Disney, in this case. Maybe Photopass offers photo greeting cards. I've never used it so I don't know.

You can do almost whatever you'd like with the print, except copy it without permission of the copyright holder.

DizneyRox
12-05-2011, 02:21 PM
If you get the CD, you get consent to use the photos, there was a document on the CD that you can print that provides the necessary consent, at least when I got the CD.

If they just got a print, then CVS is correct. They don't own the necessary permissions to do anything other than look at that particular picture.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-05-2011, 03:06 PM
thanks! I thought I remembered that I could do whatever I wanted with the photo pass that we bought, but that's because we bought the CD, not just a print or two.

gerald72
12-06-2011, 03:33 AM
I believe on the CD, photo 1 is the disclaimer giving you the rights to the pictures