PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 & almost 6 year old boys - BB vs TL

andypooh
12-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Will be heading to WDW in june 2012. Our youngest DS will be 3.5 and our oldest almost 6. The 6 year old has some delays and is less likely to want to go on the rides than the 3.5 year old. Which park does everyone think would be a better choice for the kids? Thanks.

:mickey:

BelleBeauty
12-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Without a doubt, the best choice will be Magic Kingdom. There is a lot to do for 3.5 and 6 years and Fantasyland will have much "tamer" rides for either of your children who are too small or too timid for some of the bigger thrills. There are also more shows and places to relax, and if you want to take a little break from the parks you can hop on the monorail and see some of the nearby resorts.

buzznwoodysmom
12-05-2011, 02:43 PM
I think your asking about the water parks, right?

If so I think Blizzard Beach has more for kids. My kids were 9 and 7 when we did both water parks, and while they liked the wave pool at TL the most, I did notice BB seemed to have more kid stuff. Other than the wave pool at TL my kids definitely had more fun at BB.

andypooh
12-05-2011, 03:44 PM
yes, the water parks. while i enjoy all the rides, i am most concerned about what young kids who aren't going to be into the bigger and faster rides would enjoy. So small slides, fun splash pools, etc is what I am most interested in. Thanks.

buzznwoodysmom
12-05-2011, 04:30 PM
TL had a nice little area with kiddie sized slides, even a kiddie sized little lazy river type "ride". However, BB had a bigger "kid" area with slides for the smallest guests, but also some slides a bit longer for those young guests wanting a little more thrills.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-07-2011, 10:21 AM
We love BB too!

There is a kids area, and a "bigger" kids area, so it seems that there are more options for those not wanting the big slides.

Despite the "awesome" wave pool at TL, we also enjoyed our time in the wave pool at BB, with lots of bobbing waves.

LVT
12-07-2011, 01:33 PM
TL wave pool is very strong. Even the shallow areas can knock one down. It seems like a large attractive water area, but is out for the very small or timid. I recommend BL for a few years.