PDA

View Full Version : Advice about breakfasts?

mom2morgan
12-04-2011, 12:48 PM
We aren't huge breakfast people, and prefer sit down dinners. That said, I've been considering a couple of Character breakfasts. Here are the ones I'm considering and the reasons:
1. Cape May - I like visiting the resort, and think the characters in their beach clothes must be awfully cute and kind of unique photos
2. Crystal Palace- No interest in Winnie the Pooh characters, but liking hte idea of an early reservation before the park is open to the public
3. Tusker House - DD loves Animal Kingdom and thinks it would be fun to eat there, and to see the characters in their Safari gear.

So, any advice on whether I should do one or more of these?

BelleBeauty
12-04-2011, 01:37 PM
I definitely recommend Crystal Palace. We weren't really interested in the characters either when we were there for breakfast two weeks ago. They came to the table, said hello, and moved on to tables with kids.

The food is really good there and getting into the park early is definitely great. We had an 8:10 ADR and were done just as the park was opening.

mom2morgan
12-04-2011, 02:04 PM
And I KNOW DisneyRox is going to say do Tusker House (safari breakfast) FOR SURE. :mickey: So I think we WILL do both Crystal Palace and that one....so that leaves me trying to decide whether or not to bother with Cape May?

TheDuckRocks
12-05-2011, 12:30 PM
1) Cape May - this is a quiet character meal, which was nice. The buffet was very good. We would go back.
2) Cyrstal Palace - love the Pooh gang but the crowds and sometimes hectic character greetings can be a bit much at times. Good food, love the Pooh French Toast on the kids buffet. Getting in before the park is open to everyone is worth going here at least once.
3) Tusker House - other than getting into the park early and catching the first buses for the Safari this one has lost a lot of its appeal for me. We have found the food to be hit or miss and waiting in long lines now for pictures with Donald (he used to come to the tables) kept us from returning our last 2 trips. I will be honest and say that the kids seem to really have the best time here dancing with the characters.