PDA

View Full Version : One day...Can't decide which park!

Hope0416
12-01-2011, 01:55 PM
I can't decide!! We are planning on going to MK and Hollywood Studios this Monday, Dec. 5th. Our goal is to see the Osborne Lights and the decorations at MK, and possibly the nighttime parades at MK. Our kids are 2 and 3 and are amazing at napping while in the parks, so overly tired is not a big deal!

Park-hopper passes for one day...best strategy to see the best of Christmas at Disney? I know it takes more than a day, but that is all we have this week!

What are the crowds typically like? I know it has been mentioned the first 2 weeks of Dec. can be slower.

What would be the best way to get between parks? Take the bus system or drive our car?

My husband doesn't do great with LARGE crowds, so I'm worried about going back to MK for the parades at night after we see the Osborne lights. If we have to choose one or the other, what would you pick? I've been to Disney tons, but never at Christmas.

Any suggestions? I know I am trying to pack a lot in one day! Thanks :mickey:

tinxmom
12-01-2011, 02:36 PM
We would always opt for MK if we had to do only one. Even with much older kids (older teens) we still spend huge amounts of time in MK. Your kids are so young, I would have to do MK!

mom2morgan
12-01-2011, 02:56 PM
I'd say driving would be better since park-hopping is time consuming anyway. I'd personally pick DHS for the evening over MK, but I think I'm a bit weird. I love that park, but hear lots of people say they could never fill a day there! But I'd say the Osborne Lights is more "unusual" than a night parade at MK, so that would be my Christmas pick - MK early, DHS late.

Scar
12-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Getting park hoppers will cost you an additional $110. If this is of no concern to you, then I would hop. Are you staying on property? If so and you hop, take the bus. If not, drive. If staying on site and not going to hop, bus if MK, drive if DHS. Can't help you pick between the two because I would pick Epcot. Take park hours and EMH into account.