PDA

View Full Version : BW Thru EPCOT to Monorail Before WS is open

brivers222
12-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Just wondering if we are allowed to enter EPCOT from the International Gateway BEFORE the world showcase opens? so that we could catch the monorail to the TTC.

Here is what is happening:

We have either a 9:30am WCC ressie or a 11:05am LTT ressie... I would like to enter epcot and walk through to the front Monorail and then head to the TTC.... But my concern is that the WS wouldn't be open until 11am and that the International Gateway would be closed as well.

Any sugguestions?

DebK
12-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Last year when I stayed at the BWI I walked into Epcot that way and was allowed to proceed to Soarin' once it was 9 AM......There was a rope up on that path past Canada.....

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-01-2011, 12:38 PM
The international gatway is open at regular park opening ... so you'll be able to use it before WS opens at 11am.

It might be easier though, just to take the bus to the MK and go from there.

brivers222
12-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Ah awesome news, thanks!!!

Now another question of opinions:

Which would you rather

WCC Breakfast
or
WCC Lunch

My DW doesn't really care for eggs, but she does okay at Ohana and such for breakfast. I am sure she will chow down on the sausage and bacon and mimosa's

we have a yachtsman ressie for 5pm the same night as we would be having the breakfast...so if that plays any part of your decision ;)

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-01-2011, 01:46 PM
I haven't done lunch at WCC, but we had a wonderful breakfast there!

We all had the skillet, which includes scrambled eggs, potatoes with sauteed onions, bacon and sausage, buttermilkbiscuits, sausage gravy and waffles, so there is plenty for a non-egg lover to have.

cer
12-01-2011, 02:06 PM
We have done lunch there, twice.

If you are going for the antics - WCC is pretty much like any other restaurant for lunch. The servers may cut up a little, but it is not the same and there are not many people dining at lunch. Just something you might want to consider as you make your decision.

brivers222
12-01-2011, 02:19 PM
if we had like a 10:55am breakfast... would we get the antics?

SBETigg
12-01-2011, 02:30 PM
I would do breakfast if you have an early dinner at Yachtsman's Steakhouse. You want enough time between meals so you can enjoy both.

CanadianWDWFan
12-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Your route through Epcot would work, we do it all the time to get to MK. I do agree with ibelieveindisneymagic that it would be faster to take the bus to MK and then take a bus/launch to WL from there. But if you want to experience all of the transportation options that WDW has to offer then go through International Gateway.:D

But just a note here on using this route to get to MK, we usually get questioned when we try to enter MK after walking through Epcot. A certain amount of time must pass before you can use your park hopper/AP at a second park. Not that you will be denied entry to MK but just be prepared for your pass to not work and be admitted manually by a CM.

SBETigg
12-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Your route through Epcot would work, we do it all the time to get to MK. I do agree with ibelieveindisneymagic that it would be faster to take the bus to MK and then take a bus/launch to WL from there. But if you want to experience all of the transportation options that WDW has to offer then go through International Gateway.:D

But just a note here on using this route to get to MK, we usually get questioned when we try to enter MK after walking through Epcot. A certain amount of time must pass before you can use your park hopper/AP at a second park. Not that you will be denied entry to MK but just be prepared for your pass to not work and be admitted manually by a CM.

We've done this lots of times and have never had an issue. That's odd.