PDA

View Full Version : Quiet room at Boardwalk?

Disney OB RN
11-30-2011, 07:14 PM
Anyone had a wonderful standard room that is quiet and doesn't face a parking lot? Is it possible to have a standard room face Epcot?:nurse:

greengeen
11-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Yes, most of the rooms facing the courtyard are standard and you can see the fireworks at Epcot from them. We had a problem with a fifth floor room in the courtyard due to elevator noise, though, so ask for 3rd or 4th floor.

BrerGnat
12-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Yes, most of the rooms facing the courtyard are standard and you can see the fireworks at Epcot from them. We had a problem with a fifth floor room in the courtyard due to elevator noise, though, so ask for 3rd or 4th floor.

Not all the rooms facing the courtyard can see the fireworks. We had a standard room on the Club Level floor (4th) and our room was too far to the side to see any fireworks. We could see them from the Club Lounge, but not from our room that was only about 4 doors down.

But, the room was VERY quiet.

Just request a room facing the courtyard.

Disney OB RN
12-04-2011, 11:15 PM
I called & spoke to the front desk, & they suggested I ask for a Garden view request, no guarentees, of course. Wish me luck! (14 days to go----having dreams about pixie dust & fast passes!)

BrerGnat
12-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Yeah, that should work. Hope you get what you want!

MrPeetrie
12-05-2011, 12:24 PM
I think at least some rooms must face Epcot because the Imagineers "themed" the rear of some of the France Pavillion because it could be seen by Boardwalk Resort guests.

Disney OB RN
12-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Back from the Boardwalk....I was given a wonderful room on the 5th floor, courtyard, that faced the back of France: we saw the fireworks each night from our balcony. It was wonderful; never heard any noise from the Boardwalk!!!!!! Merry Christmas!:mickey: