PDA

View Full Version : CBR or Swan?

minnie-mouse
11-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Ok if you had to choose between a moderate (our fave would be CBR) or Swan, which would you choose and why? We love the caribbean laid back feeling at CBR but were thinking of trying something different on the next trip.

Scar
11-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Swan hands down. Deluxe accomodations and most importantly, walking distance to Epcot and DHS.

Jeff
11-29-2011, 06:33 PM
We have stayed at both.
The Swan is my easy pick. Nothing against CBR but (as mentioned above by a guy with a great name) the ease of walking to Epcot, the Studios, Fantasia Golf and the Boardwalk is a huge plus. Also, the beds at the Swan are great!:thumbsup:

TinkerbellsMom
11-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Swan! Location can't be beat, beds are heavenly, pool is great, and depending on time of year and AAA discount - close to the price of WDW moderate resort.

Dopey's Girl
11-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Swan wins on the beds alone!

MOJoe
11-30-2011, 10:32 AM
Because you said that you love the theming at CBR, you need to know that the Swan has little of that. The lack of a Disney style theme is the one dealbreaker for those who don't like the Swan and Dolphin complex. If you can get over that, then the Swan wins in most every other category, except having a food court - that's at the Dolphin.

Tigerinvestigator
11-30-2011, 02:22 PM
No brainer for us- SWAN. The Swan is very laid back as well, and a little bit quieter than the Dolphin (although we prefer the Dolphin with our kids). Why would I choose the Swan? It is a Deluxe resort with an amazing view. The "heavenly beds" are unbelieveable and there is nothing better after a long day on your feet in the parks. The location is fantastic and transportation is soooo much better than the moderates. You can take a boat to Epcot/ Hollywood Studios or walk to either and the boardwalk. Fantasia Gardens is a short walk and you can visit the other Epcot resorts easily. The Swan and Dolphin are both in the middle of the magic, and the prices can't be beat!:thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
11-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Swan. What they lack in Disney theming in the decor, you get back in views. I would love to be so close to Epcot and the WS!

minnie-mouse
12-01-2011, 09:35 AM
I don't mind Swan & Dolphin not having Disney theming as I didn't think CBR had much of that either, compared to our fave, Poly. How are the buses from Swan-Dolphin? Do they run as much as WDW moderate resorts? We will have a car, but were thinking of trying the bus too.

Also, I know one of you mentioned Dolphin's better for kids. We will ahve our kids with us, does it really matter which one we stay in? We can use all amenities, no?

How is the pool area in the evenings? DH & I love to sit on the beach at night and let the kids play after dinner. Is it crowded? Do they have any movies on the beach or anything for kids at night?

Thanks so much for all your help, I need all the help I can get to convince DH to try someplace new.

Scar
12-01-2011, 09:55 AM
How are the buses from Swan-Dolphin? Do they run as much as WDW moderate resorts?The buses are WDW buses, so they run the same as all the resorts. They do share with other Epcot area resorts.

How is the pool area in the evenings? DH & I love to sit on the beach at night and let the kids play after dinner. Is it crowded? Do they have any movies on the beach or anything for kids at night?I don't recall the pool ever being crowded, but I don't go during summer or holidays so that may vary. They show movies a short walk away at The Beach Club.

minnie-mouse
12-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Thanks Jeff. I forgot if I asked you how the self-parking there works. Do you just pay at check-in and they give you a sign for inside your car? Is parking far to walk to from hotel?

MOJoe
12-01-2011, 10:59 AM
It doesn't really matter which hotel you choose. You are free to use all the amenities at the complex. The Dolphin, however, is a little more convenient if you want breakfast.
As far as the pool goes, there are 3. A lap pool at both hotels and the grotto pool with a waterfall, slide and hot tub near the Dolphin. There is also a big sandy area they call a beach, with a playground for kids. This all covers a large area, so being crowded in not an issue.

In my opinion, the entire resort is more adult oriented than the Disney Mods. I would say that's a big selling point for your DH. Even now though, when i ask my boys which of all the Disney resorts they like the best, the Swan always gets a vote.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-04-2011, 08:56 PM
I can't remember how they charged for the parking. I think it's added to your incidentals on your bill. The parking isn't too bad; about a five minute walk depending on when you get back to the resort.

I prefer the Dolphin even without kids. And you can use all the amenities at both resort.

The bus service is about the same as the other resorts. Sometimes good and sometimes bad.

I don't remember the pools being outrageously crowded, even in the summer time. The hot tubs can get packed though.

I've never stayed at CBR, but I love the location of the S&D. To be able to walk back to the resort at the end of the night and not have to wait for the buses is priceless.