PDA

View Full Version : Yearly Attendance

Airblue1
11-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Are the 4 parks yearly attendance figures made public?
I'm very interested to the ratio of each park.
Thanks

dnickels
11-29-2011, 01:27 PM
Disney doesn't release official totals, but here's what are believed to be the approximate #s as of 2009.

MK
17.233 Million
Epcot
10.990 Million
DHS
9.700 Million
AK
9.590 Million

WDWdriver
11-29-2011, 06:35 PM
Any numbers you find will be estimates. Disney does not release attendance figures - not per day, per month or per year. They also do not release the park capacities.

MrPeetrie
11-30-2011, 11:29 AM
According to the TEA/ERA Report (Themed Entertainment Association/Economic Research Associates' Attraction Attendance Report) for 2010, the attendance for Walt Disney World is as follows:

Magic Kingdom 16.9 million (down 1.5 percent)
Epcot 10.8 million (down 1.5 percent)
Animal Kingdom 9.68 million (up 1 percent)
Hollywood Studios 9.6 million (down 1 percent)

Additionally, Disneyland is 15.98 million (up .5 percent)
California Adventure is 6.28 million (up 3 percent)

Airblue1
11-30-2011, 08:17 PM
The reason I asked was to see how ak and studios did. It seems to me they are like "spill over" parks.
Thoughts?

MrPeetrie
12-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Animal Kingdom attendance has surpassed Hollywood Studios. And with the upcoming Avatar-themed land, I think AK is becoming a real must-see park. Bear in mind, I like AK. Many do not. But with Kilimanjaro Safari, Expedition: Everest, Nemo the Musicl, Dinosaur, Festival of the Lion King, and soon Avatar-themed land, AK is going to remain popular. At least, I think so. It's so different from most other parks, I think it stands alone. I don't think it's a spillover park.

Hollywood Studios, which is just a short boat ride (or 40-minute walk) from Epcot benefits greatly from Epcot's success. Although it has some standout attractions, by itself, I think it falls short. I think it piggybacks on the other parks' success.

That's just my opinion.

Victor Kelly
12-02-2011, 11:53 AM
While no park is built as a spillover, I do believe the other three parks being DHS, AK and Epcot can be spillovers from MK.

Epcot was the original spill over for MK. Then came DHS and finally AK. DHS numbers show it is not the most popular probably because it has less quality attractions, yet it is second to MK for children.

For capacities look to Fire Marshal max occupancy for the buildings, then probably add 20% for regular times and 45% for holidays like New Years.

I have been to Disney at all times including the busy times when they have closed MK due to capacity. This was when Epcot was new, Christmas time. They were parking vehicles on the grass on World Drive and tramming people in. Talk about insane!

12-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Parks being closed due to "capacity" would not necessarily be a fixed figure.

I have seen MK closed at a time when the in-park count was not even close to what a " maximum capacity" day would be.

Park closings can be due to the staffing levels and a particularly large # of guests coming into the Park, the parking lots and the entrances roads. The staffing levels would have been / are based on certain projections and the incoming guest load was exceeding the staffing levels of the inflow. Park would close for a "length of time" to allow the outflow, inflow and staffing levels to stabilize.