PDA

View Full Version : Real Time Trip Report Day 4: DTD DHS

gokatgo
11-27-2011, 10:12 PM
I got up to start packing and woke Ben up to take him to the fishing hole. We didn't catch anything and the live worms freaked me out. Another little boy caught a tiny fish, the size of a silver dollar. We did some laundry, got breakfast in the food court and hopped on the boat to Downtown Disney

gokatgo
11-27-2011, 10:30 PM
We split up to shop. Boys with dad, Mimi with me and met up for our 11:30 reservation at TRex. It was a fun meal but so funny to be eating with these scary dinosaurs all around. We had a little incident afterward where the kids got separated from us for about 10 minutes, scary but all turned out ok. I found some great Thanksgiving pins to surprise the kids with. Those aren't allowed to be traded!! We also had a custom shirt made for Sammy to wear on his birthday. Then onto the bus to check in at Wilderness Lodge!

Dopey's Girl
11-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Can't wait to read more!

gokatgo
11-28-2011, 06:47 AM
We checked in and Tammy at the front desk took good care of us. Our aunt and uncle fly in today and we got adjoining rooms on the lobby level over looking the woods. We can see a little of the lake from the balcony and the is a stairway right by our room that goes outside so if the kids want to go out and play in the woods, I can watch from the balcony. Our room wasn't ready right away so I caught a catnap by the pool ( really I collapsed, I was exhausted by this point!). Steve took the kids to explore the resort and even took the boat over to the magic kingdom. They didn't get off, they just went for the ride. When I woke up the room was ready and our aunt and uncle had arrived. So now we have:
Myself
DH Steve
DD Mimi 9
DS Ben 8
DS Sammy 4
DU Richard
DA Faye

They are actually on my husbands side. The live in Philadelphia and come to visit us in San Diego for a month each year. They stay right at the beach and we always have a good time with them. After changing from our Charger clothes into green sweatshirts we all headed through the lobby to catch the bus to DHS. WL is amazing, the decorations are lovely which everyone had said they would be. Right away Ben said "let's move here".

We made it to DHS by 4:45 and headed to Fantasmic. Our timing was perfect. They were just letting people in to be seated and we 9 rows back, right in the center. Mimi, Faye and I left to get food and it was so nice that they give you a reentry pass. We actually decided to ride The Great Movie Ride and although the line was short, it took a while. We got the western scene which I don't think I've seen before. We didn't love this ride. When we got out it was almost 6:00! We hurried to get food at Sunset Ranch and thankfully there were no lines. And Mimi was able to carry a whole tray of food herself all the way back to Fantasmic. We arrived with 15 minutes to spare and gobbled our food down. The guys were ok with out us. Ben spent the time playing a game of computer chess with a new friend, Noah.

gokatgo
11-28-2011, 08:32 AM
We enjoyed the show and were so glad we got to see it. On our last trip it took 3 tries due to rain. We have seen this show countless times at Disneyland and it is much better to have seats as you do here. However, I think the DL show is more magical because of the ships

We shuffled behind the herd to "one mans dream". Wow! Even the kids LOVED looking at the old memorabilia and the movie had so much footage of Walt that I had never seen before. This is a must see!

Two things I forgot to mention previously:
1. AT POR the shortest breakfast line was for the make your own yogurt parfaits and oatmeal. Delicious and healthy!
2. On our way into Fantasmic, little Sammy stopped to trade a pin. After he was done, the CM handed it back to me with a wink - so sweet!!

gokatgo
11-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Added to the Osborne lights and nothing could have prepared us for this!! Wow! Even Richard said he was impressed. I laughed and said "it only takes 5 million lights". We walked up and down and checked it all out the headed out and got to see Lightning and Mater, Sammy's favorites! We walked right into muppet vision and then decided to split up. Mimi, Ben and I stayed at the park while the others headed back. It was about 9:30.

We headed to Tower of Terror with fast passes we had grabbed earlier and oh my gosh, this was scary. It seemed more intense than the California Adventure version, in part because the ride vehicle moves through the vehicle more. I'm also not sure I have ever been on this at night. We all loved it. We headed to Rock n Roller Coaster, the wait time said 30 but it seemed more like 15. The kids have only been upside down once and not in the dark. I also wasn't sure how they would handle the launch. Let's just say we got right back on for another ride, big bonding moment for them. I learned that you should remove large earrings before you ride!!

I was ready to go but they begged to go on Star Tours do off we went. It was so awesome, we went through a snow scene and the 3D is such an enhancement!! Hurray!!

Headed out to the bus, walked to the room and dropped into bed for about 6 hours of sleep.

faline
11-28-2011, 07:17 PM
What fun! Wilderness Lodge at Christmas is so lovely!

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-28-2011, 09:30 PM
What a great DHS day!... loving the report and I can't wait to read on...

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-29-2011, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the report...we are staying at the WL in a few weeks, yippee:thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
11-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Great report. You make everything sound magical. Look forward to reading more.

pdrlkr
12-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: