PDA

View Full Version : Roll Tide!

Strmchsr
11-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Just thought I would throw that out there. Roll Tide!!! I heard a rumor that the city of Atlantis once tried to tackle Trent Richardson. No one has heard from it since.

While we're at it - Go State! Hoping MSU takes care of Ole Miss.

deedeebee
11-27-2011, 10:41 AM
ROLL TIDE!! AND M GO BLUE:thumbsup:
Trent is awesome, DH is from Bama, I am from Michigan and we live in Michigan now. It was all good yesterday!

Scar
11-27-2011, 11:24 AM
Although I don't have feelings one way or the other for Alabama, I do pretty much dislike Auburn.

However, If Alabama is allowed to play LSU for the National Championship (assuming LSU wins the SEC,) that will be a travesty. I hope the country boycotts the game. I know I will.

Strmchsr
11-27-2011, 12:33 PM
However, If Alabama is allowed to play LSU for the National Championship (assuming LSU wins the SEC,) that will be a travesty. I hope the country boycotts the game. I know I will.

I'd have to disagree with you there, brother. Alabama allegiance aside, I want to see the two best teams play for the national championship. Yes, LSU won on Nov 5, but the only time LSU lead the whole game was when they kicked their final field goal. The teams tied in regulation. So, nothing was really settled. The only team that has come even close to beating LSU all year was Bama and the only team that has come even close to beating Bama was LSU (which they did). If some other school has stayed undefeated, sure they should go. But how do you put anyone else ahead of Bama? Ok State lost to a 27 point underdog, as did Oklahoma. Stanford is the only school that might have a legitimate issue, but their entire body of work - teams they've beaten - isn't on par with the others. So, no, I don't think it's even close to a travesty if there's a rematch. From what I can tell, again, bias aside, they're the best two teams.

Scar
11-29-2011, 11:09 AM
I understand your point of view, but it just doesn't make sense to me. LSU goes to Tuscaloosa, beats Alabama, and what is their reward? They get to play one extra game against a highly ranked team, and then (needing to have won and hopfully not getting anyone injured) they have to beat Alabama a second time at a neutral site to be National Champs. While Alabama loses at home, their "punishment" is that they don't have to play that extra game (avoiding a possible loss and injury,) they get an extra game tape of their opponents, and get a second chance at beating them. What if Alabama wins a close game, especialy if it's on a bad official's call? They will both have one loss, LSU will have one more win (again, against a good Georgia team,) LSU will have won at Alabama, but lost at a neutral sit. For my money that makes LSU the better team and they would probably finish #1 in the polls, but Alabama is National Champs? Just doesn't make sense.

Strmchsr
11-29-2011, 12:01 PM
I think what would happen in the scenario you described - Bama winning the BCS national championship in another very close game - is that Bama would be the BCS champ and LSU would be crowned national champ by the AP, which is not tied to the BCS. And I would support that. If they basically both won in very close games, then I think that would be the best outcome.

Scar
11-29-2011, 01:42 PM
I think what would happen in the scenario you described - Bama winning the BCS national championship in another very close game - is that Bama would be the BCS champ and LSU would be crowned national champ by the AP, which is not tied to the BCS.... except that the BCS (or rather the precursor to it) was formed specifically to elimiate controversies like that.

I don't deny that 'Bama is the 2nd best team, but until they get a playoff, the regular season needs to be considered as part of a playoff. Had the earlier game been in Baton Rouge, I would consider it more fair.

Strmchsr
11-29-2011, 03:24 PM
... except that the BCS (or rather the precursor to it) was formed specifically to elimiate controversies like that.

lol, expect that I'm not sure we've had a controversy free year yet with the BCS. I definitely long for a playoff that would settle all of this. But, makes for fun conversation I suppose. :mickey: