View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Lodge Trip

jillluvsdisney
11-26-2011, 04:33 PM
October 21 to November 7

Me..Jill
Sister...Carrie
Mom and Dad

2 rooms with a pool view at AKL

Halloween at Disney is just neat. I got a bigger kick out of seeing adults dressed up than kids.
Even the animals in the safari had pumpkins for Halloween.:mickey:

This was our 2nd trip to AKL. We figured my parents would love it and they did.
WEe found the best time to relax and sit and watch the Zebra Trail from the 2nd or 3rd floor was around 3:30 pm to 5 pm. We also spent time at the Sunset Savanah playing scrabble and relaxing. It really seemed that everyone in the resort was very friendly and polite. We ate several meals at The Mara and ate at Boma also. Nut encrusted salmon may be my new favorite dish at Boma.:cloud9:

Parks were not crowded except for the MK and Epcot on Saturday. I was really impressed with the new castle show Let the Memories Begin. They project guests pictures onto the castle. This happens between the parade and Wishes.
I finally got to ride Toy Story Mania. AWESOME!! Carrie and I managed to get there for rope drop and had no wait for it. My sister took my dad on the steam trains tour at MK for his birthday. They were in the park at 715 am and saw the Christmas decorations going up on Main st. We went from Halloween to Christmas in 4 days.:confused: The tour guide mentioned to Carrie and my Dad they were the 1rst park guests to see the decorations. They also got a pin they were told not to trade because you could only get it on the tour.

We were on the free dining plan. We used a lot of snack credits at the Food and Wine Festival. We did that on a Thursday night so there were no lines. Saturday it was crazy .New places we ate at were Narcoosies and Via Napoli. We enjoyed both and the service was wonderful. The chef came out to speak with my Mom because she has a restricted diet.

It was a great trip. Much slower pace with my parents but everyone had a good time. I just booked 5 nights at Carribean Beach for February. It's going to be resort only, we may go to MK for a day.

faline
11-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Glad you all enjoyed your trip! The seasons do change quickly in Disney World!

MinnieMommie
11-26-2011, 05:29 PM
Sounds like it was a very nice family trip. It must have been cool seeing the decorations go from Halloween to Christmas. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Sounds great thanks for reporting:mickey:

RedSoxFan
11-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Glad you had a good time. We just got back last night from AKL -- love the resort.

vizsla
11-27-2011, 04:32 AM
Thanks for the report.

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Awesome that you got to stay during the season change at disney. And I'm so jealous that you have ressies for february already! I envy a resort only trip.:thumbsup: