PDA

View Full Version : Purpose of PIN number?

natstroop
11-23-2011, 01:49 PM
I just received a flyer from Disney with a PIN on it. I was wondering what the purpose of getting and using a PIN number would be considering every single person in the world can get the same offer without one? Am I missing something? Thanks!:confused:

disneymom15
11-23-2011, 02:32 PM
I've found that usually the pin codes are a better deal than whats available to general public. Haven't recieved one in quite some time, so, not sure what the deals are like now.

kakn7294
11-23-2011, 02:48 PM
I also haven't gotten one in quite some time but the pin codes were always just a bit better than the general public codes. Usually the pin codes were about 5 - 10% better.

Buttercup
11-23-2011, 03:33 PM
The pin code is specific to your family. It's not available to the general public, and it can't be transferred to a different family to use it. Usually it's a better deal than what's offered to the rest of the world.
Consider it like winning the lottery because a lot of people WISH they'd get a pin code! :thumbsup::cloud9:

natstroop
11-23-2011, 05:28 PM
The offer is for 25% off Values, 30% off Mods and 35% off Deluxe and Villas for Jan 1- March 31, 2012. I guess I thought that's what the deal was already? Well, we're not going again until next December, so it's no good for us anyway. Thanks for the replies!

kakn7294
11-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Out of curiosity, I looked it up on another website - your discount is similar but ASMovies is only 20% off, AKL and Poly are only 30% off to general public. The rest of the discounts are the same. However, the general public discount only runs 1/2 through 2/20 so the pin code is available for more dates.

DizneyRox
11-27-2011, 09:27 AM
As mentioned, PINs are specific to each person. They are limited, and rumor has it they are also tailored to people. Tailored can mean many things though, maybe you haven't been in a while and it's a "special" incentive to get you on property. It could be just a means to gauge interest, it could just be a way of filling the very last bed on property.

When used, it gives Disney a way to tie a reservation with an actual incentive. That's the real purpose. What does does with that information or how they arrived at sending one is still a mystery.