PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I know this has been asked a million times...

cspenc28
11-23-2011, 07:10 AM
So I apologize for my lack of understanding.
DH and I are going to WDW in 23 days (not that I'm counting down or anything, lol). We purchased a 5 day PH, we will probably only use 3 days, so I was planning on adding the non-expiration feature before we leave.
My first question is-I can add that as long as there is still days left on the ticket and no more than 14 days after first use, correct? Or has this changed?
My second question-we may be returning in the summer, depending on whether his parents can decide what they want to do for summer vacation, we promised them we would go on vacation with them this summer :ack:; and possibly next year early December. If I decide to purchase an Annual Pass, when can I/should I do that? And how would our remaining days on our tickets go toward the purchase of an AP.
Again, sorry if this is a confusing post or something that has been asked a million times.

Thanks in advance.

faline
11-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Doesn't matter how many times a question has been asked...and sometimes things change so quickly that an old answer is no longer true!

You do need to do any updates within the 14 days after you first use your pass and, my current understanding is that you also need to do it before you completely use up your existing pass. I'd look carefully at the numbers to determine if it is worthwhile to add the no-expiration option to a 5 day pass. I might do this with a 10 day pass if I was sure I'd get two complete trips out of the pass. If you're going to have enough park entry days to justify the expense, I might consider the annual pass. With that, you'd also qualify to purchase the Tables in Wonderland card which will provide you with a discount on meals and drinks at most table service establishments and some quick service locations as well.

cspenc28
11-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Thanks!
I'll discuss it with DH and make sure it'll be actually worth it for the AP. We may just add 5 additional days with the no expiration option, if we can't get my ILs to decide on their vacations plans for next summer by the time we leave for the World.

Buttercup
11-23-2011, 01:15 PM
Hey! I just posted a similar question in this same forum called "Going to Disney twice in 1 year". Here's the link: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=187325
You can see how I've broken it down by price over there, but here it is in a nutshell.

In my opinion, I don't think I would spend the money on the no-expiry option for just a 5-day park hopper, since it's not going to *completely* cover off both of your trips. You're going to end up needing to buy more days regardless.

Which leaves either the Annual Pass and a larger no-expiry park hopper (like a 10-day for example). The Annual Pass actually winds up being cheaper than a 10-day no-expiry. So that's the route I'm leaning towards.

If you *do* decide to just get your 5-day park hopper and add the no-expiry option, Faline is right: you have to do it within the first 14 days of use, and DEFINITELY before you use up all the days! :)