PDA

View Full Version : Another Brown Derby Question

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-22-2011, 03:24 PM
I saw on Disney's website that Brown Derby changed their appetizers menu. I had planned on trying the tuna tartare salad but its been taken off the menu. Also, the crab cakes are gone, they have a crab spring roll now.

Was just wondering if anyone has had the Cobb Salad appetizer lately and how it was?

AllDisney
11-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Cobb salad is awesome:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks!

Ms. Mode
11-22-2011, 04:07 PM
LOVE the Cobb Salad...we split it three ways and have plenty. :cloud9:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Wow...I can't believe an appetizer is that big:mickey:

drhama
11-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Cobb salad is quite large and yummy.
On our last visit we had such a bad experience that we will never go back again.
Exceptionally long wait for ressie.
Painfully slow service from our waiter. Seemed to be the norm for all wait staff that day.
Never had our drinks refilled.
With the wait outside, our dinner took 4 hours out of our evening.
I could go on and on.
The perfect end to our meal was there was no toilet paper in several stalls.
Seriously, very messy and no paper in a signature restaurant restroom. Could not believe it.
If you decide to dine at the Derby, better bring your own paper just to be safe.
I am not usually one to complain. This was the only sour note on our 9 day trip but it was a big one.

andmomlau
11-22-2011, 09:31 PM
LOVE the Cobb Salad...we'll be there next week and we have reservations for a late lunch....can't wait to have the Cobb Salad again!

SBETigg
11-22-2011, 10:22 PM
The Cobb salad was good, and it is the original, but not what I was expecting. I was expecting more of what I've come to know as "Cobb Salad" in other restaurants- a lot of fresh crisp greens, big pieces of chicken, egg, avocado on top. The original Brown Derby Cobb is more of a chopped salad, very fine chop, and more meat then greens, and wilted greens not big crisp leaves. I'm not sure I would order it again. Honestly, I did prefer other appetizers there. But because their Cobb is the original Cobb, I had to try it once. Similarly, their grapefruit cake.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-23-2011, 07:46 AM
Cobb salad is quite large and yummy.
On our last visit we had such a bad experience that we will never go back again.
Exceptionally long wait for ressie.
Painfully slow service from our waiter. Seemed to be the norm for all wait staff that day.
Never had our drinks refilled.
With the wait outside, our dinner took 4 hours out of our evening.
I could go on and on.
The perfect end to our meal was there was no toilet paper in several stalls.
Seriously, very messy and no paper in a signature restaurant restroom. Could not believe it.
If you decide to dine at the Derby, better bring your own paper just to be safe.
I am not usually one to complain. This was the only sour note on our 9 day trip but it was a big one.

I hope it was just an off day:(

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-23-2011, 07:51 AM
The Cobb salad was good, and it is the original, but not what I was expecting. I was expecting more of what I've come to know as "Cobb Salad" in other restaurants- a lot of fresh crisp greens, big pieces of chicken, egg, avocado on top. The original Brown Derby Cobb is more of a chopped salad, very fine chop, and more meat then greens, and wilted greens not big crisp leaves. I'm not sure I would order it again. Honestly, I did prefer other appetizers there. But because their Cobb is the original Cobb, I had to try it once. Similarly, their grapefruit cake.

Well you just summed up my dilemma...I really would like to try it because its their signature dish but don't want to be disappointed and saying I wish I had ordered something else....:unsure:

SBETigg
11-23-2011, 09:20 AM
Well you just summed up my dilemma...I really would like to try it because its their signature dish but don't want to be disappointed and saying I wish I had ordered something else....:unsure:

Sorry to add to the dilemma. It was my dilemma while there, too. The Cobb used to be a two person appetizer, so you might have to convince someone to order it with you. It has a lot of fans, so you might be one who loves it. I liked it well enough, but not that enthusiastically. Still glad I tried it once, so now might be the time.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Well, if its still a two person appetizer that will be an easy decision as I know the other two won't go for it:blush: I was thinking about trying the new crab spring rolls too:mickey: Decisions, decisions:drama: