PDA

View Full Version : Nov.13-21 trip report

Zeike
11-22-2011, 03:07 PM
Hi! we just got back from our trip 2 adults 3 children with the DDP at POR. Crowds were quiet monday-friday. It was our first time with the DDP so we were thrill, the dinning experience was overall very good. The best restaurant for us was hands down Mama Melrose at DHS, just great food. As for service the Garden Grill was amazing. If anyone wants more details about this week let me know.

As for POR our first time here at Alligator Bayou, the walking in this resort is the only bad thing. It's a huge resort. Food and service was very good. More information coming soon.

Ed!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Would love to see your dining report:thumbsup:

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-22-2011, 04:12 PM
I too would love to hear all about your dining! Dining plans seem to be my obsession lately!

We LOVE Disney
11-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Did you stay in a newly renovated room? If so, how was it? It looks like they took the huge TV entertainment center thing out but we used EVERY drawer that was in that. How is the storage now?

Thanks!

Zeike
11-22-2011, 05:38 PM
Our rooms were not renovated. We really enjoyed POR, only thing is the walking, although we were located near the West Depot so the Bus walk wasnt that bad.

Dinning, 1st day on the 13th we went to the Garden Grill, the experience was awesome, the server was very attentive, they were aware of the allergy request (gluten) we made and made even gluten free buns for the kids. The food was serve in a family style all you can eat with turkey, some meat and fish. EVERYTHING was tasty. I have read reviews about the food not being that good here, but we ALL loved.

As for dessert we all had a blast except for DW as they didnt have any chocolate cake on hand. Still the character experience here was worth it if you have small children. Chip & Dale, Pluto and Mickey make many rounds and the restaurant being so small you see then many times. Great way to start our vacation.

The restaurants rotates very slowly and DW was mildly affected by it, but not enough to spoil the experience. All in all this is a great bet to start off a vacation in my opinion.

I have never write a trip report before, but we had so many good experiences I just had to write. Some bads along the way but I'll get to those. Will try to report on our other restaurants and specific food we ordered, we visited Liberty Tree Tavern, Mama Melrose, Crystal Palace, Boatwrights at POR, Coral Reef, San Angel Inn, and Crystal Palace again. Will write again soon.

The DDP was worth getting!!

faline
11-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Glad you had a good trip, Ed! Thanks for posting a report! Trip reports are always helpful to other folks who are planning future trips!

kaylamag
11-22-2011, 06:56 PM
We loved Garden Grill. The character interaction there was great. Chip and Dale misbehaved and were scolded by Mickey and the server, which seemed to just make them worse, hillarious!

Zeike
11-24-2011, 02:17 PM
On our second day we went to Liberty Tree Tavern at MK. We were seated quite quickly and ordered the New England Pot Roast, 2 burgers and the Oeey Gooey Toffe Cake for dessert. The Pot Roast was exquisite my wife tells me, the dessert was plainly awesome. The server was very helpful and she even shared some recipes with DW, believe Sherry was her name.

Again the chef came out for the gluten allergy information we requested and was great. I would highly reccomend Liberty Tree Tavern. The experience of sitting down and taking a big break from all the caos of the park was new for us and a most do from now on.

On our next day we went to what turned out to be our favorite Mama Melrose at DHS. Will write the specifics soon.

Have a great disney day!

faline
11-24-2011, 08:06 PM
A dining break can be really helpful. Liberty Tree is a good spot!

MinnieMommie
11-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks for sharing your experiences. Tell DW that I agree with her about the pot roast at LTT..Yum (and actually about the rotation at GG)! Look forward to reading more. :mickey:

vizsla
11-26-2011, 04:39 AM
Thanks for the report.

KylesMom
11-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Glad that the crowds were low for you. Sounds like you had some great dining experiences - love to hear that! :mickey: