PDA

View Full Version : February 1-7 trip

Zippy 1
11-22-2011, 01:38 PM
I am in the process of planning a trip for my DD17 and myself for around these dates. We have nevere been this time of year and need all the info we can get. I am kinda short on funds as I am newly separated. This trip was promised as a graduation gift before DH and I separated. I would really like to make this a reality. Any suggestions would be wonderful. Wendy from MJ is also helping me on this. Thanks in advance for any tips

Strmchsr
11-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Wendy will be the greatest source of help as far as your reservations. If you're looking to save money, though, consider not doing the dining plan and bringing some snacks with you - breakfast and/or lunch. When we've done "cheap" trips we've brought pop tarts for breakfast and made sandwiches for lunch, only paying for 1 meal each day. You can also skip the park hopper which will save funds.

As far as other tips, check the historic weather page in Info Central to see the conditions for the last few years on your dates. That will help you know how to plan for packing. Once you get within a couple of weeks you can check the weather forecast thread for specifics.

Crowds shouldn't be bad at all. Generally the South American tour groups depart around the end of January and the cheerleading and spring break crowds haven't hit yet, so that week catches a small window of lower crowds.

lighteningqueen
11-22-2011, 08:32 PM
POP is very inexpensive that time of year. We booked for Jan 21-29 and got it for about 80.00 night then Friday night before we got it for 70.00 We are doing free dining that time. Is your dates in that time frame. DO the FREE dining. Snacks brought from home will cost more than free QS dining is nothing no tips etc. You cannot go wrong with it. Stay Values and take the free dining. Our total trip cost us 1400.00 for air fair, room and tickets, free dining for 9 days.. You are staying less so that number will change alot for you. This is our first time to go this time of year and I hope we like it. Very reasonable time to go if the weather stays good