PDA

View Full Version : suggest Christmas decoration tour of resorts

busterthebronco
11-21-2011, 09:18 PM
we are going down dec 16-20 and are so excited!
we love to Christmas feel all over but especially at the resorts.
any intinerary suggestions?
resorts that are "cant misses"?

buzznwoodysmom
11-22-2011, 12:18 AM
We have toured the resorts around the holidays several times. Our favorite "must not miss" resort is Wilderness Lodge. Other favorites are Grand Floridian, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and even the Dolphin has a huge tree.

What we usually do is plan a dinner at one of the Epcot resorts for one evening. After dinner we walk the circle of resorts visiting each one. Its a great way to see the resorts and the decorations. Grab a hot chocolate and take a nice long stroll!

We also like to do a "monorail tour". Hop on the monorail and get off at each resort for shopping, eating, and decoration touring. You can also get off at Contemporary and take a boat to WL if you don't have your own transportation.

Fort Wilderness campground is also a sight to see. If you can book a sleigh ride at the fort you can see all the wonderfully decorated campsites.

All resorts have their own decorations. The deluxe resorts, of course, are the best ones to visit, but if you have time I'm sure the mods and values have cutes stuff to see too.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-22-2011, 08:12 AM
Gotta see Animal Kingdom, Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian and Grand Floridian for the Gingerbread house...I have also heard Boardwalk, Yacht Club and Beach Club are nice. We are checking these out this trip.

BeccaO
11-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Beach Club and Grand Flordian are definately must sees!!!!!

diz_girl
11-22-2011, 11:42 AM
The best decorations are at the WL and GF, so you could do a loop of the monorail resorts, then take a boat to the WL and then another boat to FW and tour the campground.

busterthebronco
11-22-2011, 02:42 PM
the boat ride was the link i was looking for!
got boardwalk,etc. now on the tour as well as the AKL!

ya'll are awesome!

:cloud9: