PDA

View Full Version : Castaway Cay Poster

gregf71
11-21-2011, 06:51 PM
I am a HUGE fan of the replica attraction posters and have several decorating our house. While on our recent Halloween cruise on the Dream, I came upon a wonderful Castaway Cay print/poster that resembled something like an early 20th century travel poster. I loved it and so wanted to buy it, but just could not figure out how to get it home given our already full luggage and maximum number of carry-on's. I asked the staff person if I could purchase it and have it shipped to my home, but she said that they could not. I emailed DCL and they said that they cannot "import" items from the ship to the US. So, anyone have any other ideas?

As I previously stated, the print looked like an ad for Castaway Cay. It was tan with black lettering I believe and I don't recall there being any Disney characters on it (there were a couple other CC prints with Mickey and/or Minnie on them and those are not the one I am interested in).

Am I out of luck? Do I need to book another cruise?! :thumbsup:

Ed
11-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Tell ya what I'll do out of the goodness and kindness of my heart; you book me a stateroom and I'll pick one up and mail it to you. (I prefer the double-dip cruises, BTW.( :D

Seriously, it sounds like one of those items that you can only get on the ship.

Have you checked other sources like eBay ?

gregf71
11-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Yep, been checking eBay, but the odds are slim there. Oh well...