PDA

View Full Version : DVC percs, past and present

PETE FROM NYC
11-21-2011, 06:25 PM
DVC is older than the 2 yrs since we joined.

Just wondering what percs have come and gone since DVC started.

hueyrulz
11-21-2011, 08:37 PM
When DVC first started in 1992 you received complimentary admission to the theme parks for your length of stay. The Animal Kingdom was not included when it opened, but the you could still get complimentary admission to the other 3 parks. This perk ended around 1999.

DizneyRox
11-21-2011, 08:52 PM
When DVC first started in 1992 you received complimentary admission to the theme parks for your length of stay. The Animal Kingdom was not included when it opened, but the you could still get complimentary admission to the other 3 parks. This perk ended around 1999.
Yep! It was nice! I know a lot of people who enjoyed this.
I can't think of anything else that compares(d).

dlpmikki
11-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Not strictly a perk - it was something you were given for buying in early and always knew would finish in 1999. Did get me hooked on APs though which is why I was pleased when they went from a discount on legth of stay passes to an AP discount.

Restaurants and shops come and go on the discount perks. Used to be a play and eat program - can't remember exactly as we never did it but you had so much per day to spend on boat hire or counter service and you got a few dollars extra a day than you put in. Could be hard to maximise value of as the deal died each day like ddp.

DebbieB
11-27-2011, 05:59 PM

This was a sales incentive, not a perk. Only those who bought before early 1996 (before BWV opened) got it and it was clear upfront that it ended December 31, 1999.

It wasn't exactly "length of stay", it was only for the number of nights you were staying. So if you were there for 6 days/5 nights, you only got 5 days on the pass. And it was only for 1/2 of the maximum occupancy of the room. So studios & 1 bedrooms got 2, 2 bedrooms got 4 and GV's got 6.

I joined in 1999 and the best perk that came after was the $100 off AP's.

JPL
11-27-2011, 09:42 PM
The used to offer free valet parking to DVC members at DVC resorts but this stopped a few years ago when Disney out sourced their valet services.

They some times offer special sale days at the World of Disney at DTD to DVC Members. The only problem I have found with this perk is that the special sales take place before transportation to DTD starts running. So basically if you don't have a car you can't really take advantage of the perk. A cab would most likely take away a good portion of the savings unless you purchase a large amount of merchandise.