PDA

View Full Version : Foolish at the Poly?

Mitzie
11-18-2011, 03:05 PM
We have a garden view room booked at the Poly for this coming April. This will be our first time staying in the MK area. I was reading another post about building request and it got me thinking. Other than wanting a balcony or a patio, we were thinking of not requesting a building. Is this foolish? Will we end up with the absolute worst view ever! I myself like to look at plants and quiet areas, but really do not care to look at a parking lot. Has anyone who is in the know about the Poly ever just let the room assingnment fates decide this for you? How did it end up?

gaffz70
11-18-2011, 03:48 PM
No, it's not foolish! I swear that is part of the reason we were upgraded!!! I requested Tokelau (?spelling). When we arrived, the CM told us the bldg we requested wasn't available so we were upgraded to Hawaii concierge!

Go for it and enjoy :)

SBETigg
11-18-2011, 08:30 PM
We never make a building request. Having a balcony is more important to us, and requesting a particular building could impair them from making that available. The more you ask for, the harder it becomes for them to meet all your needs. We prioritize, and the building we're in doesn't matter as much as the balcony. We've always ended up with decent views, too.

Tigerinvestigator
11-19-2011, 01:47 AM
Not foolish. We've stayed there many times and never requested a specific building. We've been in Fiji twice with a view of the water in the bay even though we didn't pay for a water view. We've never been disappointed, but then again it is the Poly and I could stay in the garbage dumpster and be happy! :thumbsup:

Mousemates
11-19-2011, 09:51 AM
no not foolish to not make a building request...besides our favorite views at the poly are not water views anyway...we figure we can easily look at water (either oceanfront or lakefront) for a whole lot less money someplace else...and thus our view preference there (and the other MK resorts) is for the one thing we can only see at WDW--the monorail.

kakn7294
11-19-2011, 12:43 PM
We stayed at the Poly for the first time in July and didn't request a building. We got Rapa Nui (which I didn't want) but it turned out to be a great location. We were able easily walk to the main building or the TTC for a monorail to Epcot. The resort seems huge but it's really only a few minute walk to anywhere.